Chapter 1

It is the end of September in NingCheng1, the temperature is slowly cooling down.

The rain is pitter-pattering on the window and the sky is dark, the perfect weather for sleeping in.

The students in the back of the classroom have long fallen asleep. Wang JiaYan, who is usually the first to fall asleep in class, is currently lackadaisically holding up his face with his palm while holding a conversation with a goddess on WeChat.

The goddess Jiang QiNian is a student from the art faculty. The two of them have been chatting for quite a while and can be considered to be pretty familiar with one another. Jiang QiNian sent JiaYan a message saying that she’ll send him a cup of milk tea during the next class which helped to wake Duan JiaYan a little from his daze, a grin appearing on the corner of his lips.

Just as he was finished typing his reply, Duan JiaYan felt that someone was always looking at him. He subconsciously lifted his head and just so happened to meet the gaze of his physics teacher standing on the podium.

The first lesson of the day was physics and most of the students were inevitably unable to avoid feeling lethargic. This was something the teacher was used to, though to his surprise, Duan JiaYan actually managed to stay awake. After teaching Duan JiaYan for more than a year, this was the first time the teacher has seen this happen.

“Hey! Duan JiaYan, I’ll pick you then,” the physics teacher said with a smile. “Answer this question.”

Duan JiaYan stood and glanced at the big screen in the classroom, it seems every question is a multiple-choice question, “I’ll pick C?”

Physics teacher, “……”

Sounds of laughter came from the classroom, Song Yi who was Duan JiaYan’s table buddy seemed like he was close to dying from laughter, “Hahahaha, are you sleepwalking? The teacher asked you to explain a problem-solving question.”

“Alright, sit down,” the phsyics teacher said as he slapped the podium to get the student’s attention. “Everyone concentrate, there’s only 10 minutes left till class is over.”

Right at this moment, the sounds of chatter came from the back of the classroom.

“…Lu-ge, the back door is closed.”

“Should we knock? Right now it’s physics class right? Ol’ Feng’s temper is good, if he sees his best students knocking on the door he wouldn’t say much for sure.”

“Once the class monitor is standing there, Ol’ Feng will happily open the door.”

“It’s class time now, what are we doing going in,” a light-sounding male voice came from behind the door, “Isn’t it the same just sitting on the floor to rest?”

“But my phone and water bottle is in the classroom…”

“Are you stupid? We just changed seats yesterday, the one sitting in the back of the classroom now is Duan JiaYan.”

Right after saying that, the man who first spoke looked at the back door with some apprehension, but then thought of something, “Lu-ge’s not afraid of him.”

Outside the door, Chen Yue laughed, “Will you die if you speak a little less?” Are you a kid? Still talking about being scared or not.”

Then the bell rang. The physics teacher promptly dismissed the class after a few quick words and the class soon become noisy. Just then someone kicked open the front door of the classroom.

Chen Yue, the one who kicked open the door, looked at his physics teacher’s twitching mouth and gave a mischievous laugh, “Hello teacher Feng!”

“Went to play?” The physics teacher’s gaze swept over the young boy’s slightly sweaty forehead. It wouldn’t take a genius to guess what these boys skipped class to do.