Chapter 4

Duan JiaYan’s felt his head turn fuzzy the moment Lu XingCi came back.

Originally, when the other person left, the floating feeling in his head got significantly better. But the moment Lu XingCi came back, Duan JiaYan felt like there was a switch in his body, and when the switch was turned on, he inadvertently felt himself wanting to get closer to Lu XingCi.

He thought back to when Song Yi bleakly told him then that just looking at Lu XingCi will make one feel like getting closer to the individual. At that time, he still laughed at Song Yi, making fun of his lack of self-control.

He’s wrong, oh so wrong.

Duan JiaYan really didn’t like the feeling of losing control so he took the scent blockers from Lu XingCi’s hand, and after hesitating for a bit, gave a quick and soft “Thank you”.

The item in his hand looked a lot like a spray bottle, he’s seen Song Yi using it before. Duan JiaYan aimed the nozzle towards himself and pressed it a few times. As he could not smell his own pheromones, he could only ask Lu XingCi for help.

“Is there still a smell?”

The scent of an Omega was covered by the scent blockers, Song Yi’s scent blocker even came in the flavour of milk. Lu XingCi looked at him and said, “It should be gone.”

As the other person was standing too far away, Duan JiaYan was not entirely relieved.

The scent blocker seemed to have compounds to help calm a person down. After using almost half the bottle, he found that he was no longer dizzy, and felt a lot more refreshed.

“You’re standing so far away, what are you even trying to smell?” Duan JiaYan pulled down his collar and pointed towards his glands. “Why not come over here and take a closer sniff?”

Lu XingCi continued to silently stare at him.

Duan JiaYan had just presented as an Omega, so he was not aware of what he was doing but Lu XingCi knew that when an Omega asks an Alpha to smell his glands, it can be taken as a very obvious invitation.

“There’s no smell,” Lu XingCi reiterated.

Seeing that he was so sure of his answer, Duan JiaYan decided to let it rest. He straightened out his uniform and left the washroom.

There was no one outside the washroom. Duan JiaYan took out his phone to check the time and phone that lessons were almost over.

Duan Jia Yan really wanted to find out what was going on with his body right now so he shoved the scent blocker into Lu XingCi’s hand.

“I’m going to make a trip to the hospital. Help me return this to Song Yi,” Duan JiaYan instructed. “I can tell with a glance that it’s his. That small kid always uses milk-scented scent blockers.”

Lu XingCi looked at him. The moment he said the word ‘milk’, Duan JiaYan ended up laughing first himself.

Despite mocking others, this fellow wasn’t exactly mature himself.

“Duan JiaYan,” Lu XingCi thought to himself for a bit and decided to still remind him. “Don’t let others smell your scent.”

Duan JiaYan didn’t take his words to heart.

Yi Zhong’s security guard recognised Duan JiaYan so even though school was not over, they still allowed him to leave the school. Duan JiaYan boarded a bus and promptly made his was over to the Central Hospital.

He did not want to spend too much time waiting so he registered his case as an emergency. Fortunately, as at this hour on a weekday, there was not many people in the hospital and it quickly reached his turn.