Chapter 37

When Chen Yue returned to the classroom and made his way to his desk, he was caught off guard seeing Lu Xingci squatting underneath his own table.

Chen Yue, “……”

Chen Yue looked at the squatting Lu Xingci and Duan Jiayan who was sitting in Lu Xingci’s seat. He hesitated for a second, “Both of you, what is the meaning of this?”

Lu Xingci said calmly, “We’re looking for a thrill.”

Seeing the weird look on Chen Yue’s face, Lu Xingci added, “There’s no special meaning to this, don’t overthink it.”

Chen Yue, “……”

Duan Jiayan noticed Chen Yue’s expression was getting distorted and glared at Lu Xingci who was still spewing nonsense and said, “You, get up.”

Lu Xingci, “I can get up now?”

Duan Jiayan looked around the room and nodded, “There are enough people here now.”

Lu Xingci stood up slowly. Duan Jiayan realised that he was still sitting in his seat and got up too, returning to his own seat.

After returning to his seat for 10 minutes, Duan Jiayan felt a sharp stinging pain on his body. He looked down and saw the allergy marks on his chest had not completely gone away.

The moment he left Lu Xingci, the red marks got a little more noticeable again.

He thought about it before turning to Chen Yue, “Can we swap places?”

Chen Yue looked at one of them, before looking at the other, the corner of his mouth showing hints of a smile, “Lu-gou and you are already at the stage where you can’t even sit away from one another in class?”

Duan Jiayan, “……”

Lu Xingci did not say anything, Duan Jiayan looked at Chen Yue’s playful demeanour and explained, “I have a stress disorder. Lu Xingci and I have a really high compatibility so it’ll help my disorder if we sit together.”

Chen Yue gave an ‘ah’, a look of comprehension coming over his face, “The illness that omegas have no way of treating, you’re referring to that stress disorder?”

Duan Jiayan, “It’s exactly that stress disorder.”

Chen Yue tactfully said, “Actually, if you tell me that you’re looking for him to discuss some questions, I’d believe you too.”

What he meant to say is, “You don’t have to come up with such an elaborate lie to trick me.”

Lu Xingci listened in amusement before cutting in, “There are indeed some questions we need to discuss.”

As he spoke, he lightly kicked Chen Yue’s chair, the meaning behind his actions were very obvious, “You move over there.”

Chen Yue snickered, “I’ll move over there so that I don’t disturb your discussion.”

Duan Jiayan, “……”

Duan Jiayan coughed and reached up to undo the buttons on his shirt.

Advertisements

Chen Yue saw him unbuttoning the third button on his shirt and asked in bafflement “What on earth are you doing?”

Duan Jiayan, “You don’t believe that I have a stress disorder right? I’ll let you see where my allergy is acting up.”

Lu Xingci was originally watching both of them talk with interest, feeling that a flustered Duan Jiayan who was struggling to think of what to say was still pretty adorable.