Chapter 51

He felt his body temperature slowly rise.

If his heart had really been submerged in soda water, it would probably be close to drowning by now.

“Because I’m embarrassed,” Duan Jiayan admitted drily.

Before Lu Xingci could tease him, he quickly added, the tips of his ears red, “Can you not stand so close to someone when talking? Plus being so weird as to ask someone why their face is red after seeing that it is read— Fellow student, aren’t you pretty smart, what happened this time?”

Lu Xingci never thought that he’ll react like this when cornered.

He was embarrassed beyond belief yet was still able to blabber about in response to him.

“My apologies,” Lu Xingci held in a smile. “I should not have done that.”

Duan Jiayan truly felt what it was like to use a fist to punch cotton.

For some reason, the heat that had left his face seemed to have returned.

Duan Jiayan reluctantly controlled his expression and nodded, “I hope you’ll remember your mistakes well. Recite it every day and become a more attentive person.”

“Then you’ll have to monitor me every day,” Lu Xingci was very cooperative. “I’ll do my best.”

Duan Jiayan, “……”

Duan Jiayan felt that someone like Lu Xingci was pretty good at twisting things to suit him.

As it was getting closer to the new year, there was a festive aura on the school campus.

New year’s eve was on a Thursday and there were quite a few people planning to go out to welcome the new year. During the last lesson in the afternoon, Song Yi was bored while listening to class and spoke softly to Duan Jiayan while using his phone, “There is a musical fountain in Nanshan Square, they’ll be setting off fireworks at midnight too. It seems that it’ll be a pretty big spectacle, want to go check it out?”

Duan Jiayan leaned over to look at his phone.

Though it made no big difference where they went to celebrate the new year, there was a lot of entertainment places in Nanshan. Since they would be able to kill time and have fun while waiting for the new year, Duan Jiayan felt like it was a pretty good idea.

Besides, to welcome in the new year, a place with a lot of people will definitely have a better atmosphere.

Song Yi said, “There should be quite a few students from our school going to Nanshan right? It’s close by after all.”

Duan Jiayan also lowered his voice, “Then if we do go out that day, the gates will be closed by the time we come back. Are you planning to go home and stay over at my house?”

Song Yi was about to reply when Duan Jiayan suddenly felt his body going slightly weak.

A tingling sensation crawled up his back, up to his fingertips.

Song Yi could smell the faint scent of flowers and turned to look at Duan Jiayan in concern. He hurriedly asked, “You’re going to the toilet?”

Duan Jiayan nodded and took out his inhibitor from his drawer. It just so happened that the back door was open and Duan Jiayan slipped out of the classroom and hastily made his way to the toilet.

Just as he was leaving through the backdoor, Lu Xingci who was originally listening to the lesson turned his head around, the pen on his paper paused.

Advertisements