Chapter 30

After they were done settling the documents, Duan Jiayan followed Fu Yuan home.

Fu Yuan could see the exhaustion evident in his brows and studied his injuries in slight distress. Only after she was assured that Duan Jiayan was not badly hurt did she tell him to go to bed early.

After Duan Jiayan went to his room, Fu Yuan called up someone she knew.

She wanted to ask, how would Qiao Nan be prosecuted. Thinking back to the things he did back in his freshman year, Fu Yuan’s grip tightened around the phone.

If he wouldn’t be able to be jailed for a few years and get released once again…

She had to think of a solution to stop Qiao Nan from harassing Duan Jiayan.

After making a few calls, someone told her that the nature of Qiao Nan’s crimes were very severe and it was likely that he’ll be punished heavily for it.

Fu Yuan was relieved after hearing that Qiao Nan would be jailed for 10 years and be monitored for life, plus he would be isolated the moment he shows any inclination of wanting to show up in front of Duan Jiayan.

The person on the phone subtly told her that someone was already taking care of this matter and to not worry.

After hanging up the call, Fu Yuan suddenly recalled.

Today at the police station, the person who was having his statement taken down along with Duan Jiayan, seemed to have the surname Lu.

By the time Lu Xingci got home, it was already very late.

When he entered the living room, he saw Jiang Yao watching a drama. She was in her pyjamas and looked very laid back.

Jiang Yao usually paid close attention to her health, and would typically go to sleep around 10.30pm. Lu Xingci was surprised to see her, “Still not going to sleep?”

Aunty Shu smiled, “Madam was waiting for you to get home.”

Jiang Yao saw him and motioned for him to come closer, “Let me see if you got hurt.”

Lu Xingci smiled and sat by Jiang Yao to let her take a closer look at him. After making certain that he was free of injuries, she said, “You have the scent of Omega pheromones on you.”

He boldly agreed, “It is my classmate’s.”

Jiang Yao smiled too, “The same classmate that got drunk last time?”

“You can tell by the smell?”

Jiang Yao nodded.

“I took a look at his details,” Her tone as she spoke was soft and gentle. “His pheromones have the scent of freesias? That’s a rather pretty flower, if it is planted in autumn, it should bloom by November or December. I want to grow a few stalks at home.”

“Mom,” Lu Xingci couldn’t help but ask. “Can you grow plants?

“There’s Aunty here to help me,” As she spoke, she suddenly thought of something. “When you go over to visit your grandmother tomorrow, apologise to her nicely. She already could not see you for half a month, and now she still couldn’t see you on her birthday.

Lu Xingci gave an ‘En’ in reply.

Advertisements

“Your sister Yuan Yuan was also making a fuss this evening, saying how she wants to see her gege,” Jiang Yao gestured with a smile. “That child is also quite cute. I took care of her since she was a small child, now she’s a slender little lady.”

Lu Xingci met her teasing stares and asked hesitantly, “Isn’t she still a little brat?”

“A brat huh.” She said as she stood up. “You boys, it is still better to be around others your age I guess, there will be more common topics to talk about.”