Chapter 45

Seeing him make his way over, Duan Jiayan instinctively wanted to back away.

He did not realise that behind him was a desk. He took one step back and knocked against the desk, the resulting sound that resounded in the quiet classroom sounded especially crisp.

This sound reminded Duan Jiayan of why he came here, Duan Jiayan suddenly said, “Wait, don’t move.”

Lu Xingci stopped and looked at him with interest.

“What’s your situation now?” Duan Jiayan felt a little uncomfortable being stared at him like this. His voice wary, he said, “Can you still think rationally?”

He did not expect that after asking this, the boy in front of him would curve his lips into a smirk.

Lu Xingci did not give him an answer, only slowly making his way over to him.

Duan Jiayan leaned against the desk. With nowhere to escape, he somehow did not want to show any vulnerability to the other and so he stood his ground and watched as he made his way over.

The closer he got, the stronger his alpha pheromones became.

An alpha in rut would not be able to control his pheromones. Regardless of whether Lu Xingci was willing, his pheromones were surrounding Duan Jiayan. It was much like a cage, cutting off any way for him to retreat.

Duan Jiayan heard him say softly, “Take a guess as to what I want to do.”

Before he could reply, Lu Xingci bent over, his eyes narrowing as he studied Duan Jiayan.

His long legs stretched out and encircled Duan Jiayan in his territory, covering him with his pheromones.

They were impossibly close, it was as if they were about to kiss.

“Did they not tell you… not to look for me?” Lu Xingci flicked Duan Jiayan on the forehead, his tone vague. “An alpha in rut will only know to mark their territory and steal what they want to make their own. The things I want to do to you……”

His fingers brushed across Duan Jiayan’s glands before sliding over to his smooth nape. It was like a predator testing out his prey.

Next, his hand completely covered that fragile patch of skin.

Lu Xingci leaned forward a little and whispered in Duan Jiayan’s ear, “It’s terrifying.”

Duan Jiayan’s eyelashes fluttered.

His throat was a little dry and he straightened his neck involuntarily.

If Lu Xingci exerted pressure on his nape, he’ll retaliate.

He was feeling tense. The fingers on his glands started moving, rubbing it slightly.

It hurt a little, but not to the point where it was unbearable.

“You don’t know anything and yet you still decided to come here?” Lu Xingci kept his hand back, and spoke in a tone that could be either praising or mocking him, “Where did you get this courage from?”

“……” Duan Jiayan exhaled a long breath.

Advertisements

Since he was young, he had never been scared of much, but the other’s bearing just now really did frighten him a little.

Seeing that Lu Xingci was still in the mood to joke with him, Duan Jiayan relaxed a little. After calming down, he could not help frowning, “So what exactly is your situation right now?”

Lu Xingci honestly said, “I feel horrible.”

Duan Jiayan paused before continuing hesitantly, “Shen Chilie said that pheromones would help you a little… does it work?”