Chapter 71

As June approached, the temperature started rising.

Since it had rained heavily the previous night, the air was clear and the dust had settled. The plants outside the corridor had let down their branches and leaves, and the wind was surging with the unique heat waves of summer.

There were still a few days left before the college entrance examination. A notice had been posted in the grade announcing that it would be a holiday after class that day onwards, and everyone should go home to review for three days, and to prepare for the college entrance examination.

In the classroom of Class 10, the air conditioner made a soft sound as it functioned.

It was a self-study class, Duan Jiayan lowered his head and wrote the questions. Probably due to the holiday approaching, his focus was getting harder and harder to maintain, and thoughts that had nothing to do with learning popped up in his mind from time to time.

He tried solving this math problem for more than ten minutes, but he was still unsuccessful. Duan Jiayan glanced to the side and saw his deskmate was playing on his mobile phone with his head down.

Duan Jiayan decided to trouble him in order to entertain himself: “Do you look down on the college entrance examination, or are you looking down on this self-study period?”

Lu Xingci paused, and just as he was about to speak, Zhao Minjun hurried into the classroom.

“Everyone, get ready, our graduation photo will be taken an hour earlier.” Zhao Minjun glanced at them distractedly: “Quickly put on your school uniforms and line up to go downstairs.”

As soon as he finished speaking, discussions immediately erupted from all around and numerous voices mingled together. Duan Jiayan threw the pen down, and exclaimed happily: “Liberation has come?”

Lu Xingci put back the gel pen that was thrown on his desk with a smile. Not only Duan Jiayan, but others were also putting on their school uniforms with great enthusiasm.

At this time, most of the students were filled with joy. They were caught off guard, finding out that the holiday actually arrived an hour earlier. After all they were under a lot of pressure from the college entrance examination.

“I announce that my college entrance examination holiday starts from this moment.” Chen Yue put on his school uniform and glanced behind him: “Hey Duan Jiayan, this seems to be the first time I see you in a school uniform.”

“Don’t make it so exaggerated,” Duan Jiayan arranged his collar: “I used to wear school uniforms occasionally.”

“It really looks quite…” Chen Yue originally wanted to say ‘pure’, but the words didn’t sit right in his mouth. In addition, Lu Xingci also looked over at him, and Chen Yue changed his words: “Youthful, looks very full of youth.”

“Thank you, Mr. Chen.” Duan Jiayan nodded, and his eyes fell on Chen Yue’s school uniform: “President Chen also looks like a young man.”

“…”

While queuing in the corridor, Duan Jiayan noticed that several girls in his class were secretly putting on lipstick.

He was curious and glanced over there. The girls upon being stared at by him, stopped their actions, feeling a little embarrassed. Duan Jiayan smiled and said, “It looks beautiful.”

As soon as he finished speaking, the group of girls burst into laughter, and one of the girls was enthusiastic in her response: “Duan Jiayan, would you like to have a little try?”

Looking at the lipstick in her hand, Duan Jiayan had the rare feeling of being unable to answer: “…Thank you, no need.”

The students of each class gathered in front of the third grade teaching building. Zhao Minjun saw that the students in some of the classes were messing around, so he raised his voice a little: “The students in Class Ten don’t continue to make trouble. Line up to take pictures first, there are other classes waiting.”