Chapter 17

Besides Shen Chilie, Duan Jiayan’s group had no other notable competitors.

As they reached the end of the competition, only he and Shen Chilie were really competing.

Both of them were outstanding in appearance. One of them was a school tyrant who had all kinds of rumors flying around. Many people gathered around to watch with great interest, with many of the young girls around looking with bright eyes.

At the last bar, Duan Jiayan barely scraped over the bar, while Shen Chilie knocked into the pole.

It was a narrow victory.

After losing to him, Shen Chilie didn’t mind and even came over to put his arm around his shoulder: “My son is still fierce.”

Duan Jiayan avoided him: “Go away. Your pheromones are almost leaking out.”

Shen Chilie: “Remember this taste. It’s the scent of your father.”

Duan Jiayan: “Fuck off.”

After the high jump, Duan Jiayan went to use the restroom and staggered back to the class ten camp. Before he even returned, he saw that there was a large group of people gathered there.

There seems to be something wrong.

“What happened?” Duan Jiayan walked close and asked.

“Zhou Xingchen was walking while playing with his mobile phone. He wasn’t paying attention and twisted his foot.” The girl next to him answered worriedly: “He might not be able to run the 3000.”

Duan Jiayan also looked over.

Zhou Xingchen was sitting while Lu Xingci was asking him about his condition besides him.

Unexpectedly, it was in Lu Xingci’s eyes where morale dimmed. In a monotone voice, he said: “How will you run? Will you charge past the finished line with a twisted ankle? If you really do it, then the school referees should give you a disabled-yet-strong-willed prize.”

“…” The surrounding students were currently taking care of his foot injury. Zhou Xingchen was already ashamed, but after being scolded by Lu Xingci, he felt even more crestfallen.

Lu Xingci faced him for a second, and then held out his hand: “Give me your number.”

“Don’t do it. You just did the 800.” Zhou Xingchen shook his head: “Letting Chen Yue replace me should be fine. Where is he?”

“He’s at the shot put roll call.”

“…” Zhou Xingchen was silent for a moment, but he simply didn’t want to give Lu Xingci his number. Seeing this play out, a certain boy voluntarily said:

“What if I do it? However, I’m not as fast as Zhou Xingchen and I might not be able to get that high of a ranking.”

“No need, let me run. With your speed, who knows if we might even be able to call this competition the hare vs tortoise.” As that boy was talking, he walked about to take the number.

“Turtle, do you think you’re better than me? Last time, who was the one running the 1500-meter race yet dying to lay down lifeless on the sports field?

“…”

Advertisements

“I can also run, but I probably can’t beat the sports class…”

“3000 meters and 1500 meters should both have 5 points, right? The same as the relay race. These are the highest valued events in the competition.” See as there’s a lot of talking, a girl analyzed logically: “The girls in our class definitely can’t beat the sports class. We should pick a strong boy to do the 3000.”