Chapter 58

Duan Jiayan was woken up by the sound of Fu Yuan knocking on the door.

Fu Yuan seemed to be saying something by the door and the person hugging him replied before gently letting him go and getting off the bed.

In a daze, Duan Jiayan could hear Lu Xingci opening the door.

Lu Xingci and Fu Yuan talked in a low voice but Duan Jiayan could still roughly make out Lu Xingci saying that he was fine.

Realising they were talking about him, Duan Jiayan sniffed the pheromones in the air, slightly comforted after being startled awake.

The pain on his skin from last night had vanished without a trace and Duan Jiayan continued laying on the pillow, rubbing against it a little.

A shadow fell across his face and he felt a warm finger rub across the bottom of his eye.

Duan Jiayan cracked open an eye and asked tiredly, “What time is it?”

“Half-past ten,” Lu Xingci sounded very awake, he probably woke up a long while ago. “Have you woken up?”

Duan Jiayan nodded.

He thought back to all that happened last night and was too embarrassed to stay in bed any longer. He turned around and slipped his feet into his slippers before recalling something, “Did you bring stuff to freshen up with?”

“Auntie passed me a set yesterday.”

Duan Jiayan mumbled in acknowledgement as he walked over in his fluffy slippers and headed out to freshen up.

As they got up late, Fu Yuan let them eat something first before they made their trip back to Ning City.

Fu Yuan watched as Duan Jiayan ate, the bottom of his eyes still had a faint green tinge to them.

Due to his fair skin, his dark eye circles were particularly obvious after a night spent staying up.

Thinking back to last night, where Duan Jiayan did not answer the door despite her numerous knocks, only for her to see his deathly pale face collapsed on his bed the moment she decided to enter.

Fu Yuan’s mind blanked out for a moment and she only remembered to call for emergency medical services once she came to.

The doctor took one look at the red rashes on Duan Jiayan and said it was due to his stress disorder, and he had been suffering from it for a long time.

As the hospital in Hai City could not free up a quarantine room, she had to contact some friends for help. Just then, a stranger called her.

The person on the other line was a boy who said he was Duan Jiayan’s classmate. He also explained why Duan Jiayan’s stress disorder had been under control for so long.

It was because he had been relying on this boy’s pheromones.

When they met, Lu Xingci gave her a copy of the compatibility report from the Nan Shan hospital. After the doctor studied the report, he confirmed that Lu Xingci’s pheromones will be able to assuage Duan Jiayan’s condition, it might even be more effective than a quarantine room.

Under the doctor’s suggestion, they brought Duan Jiayan back home and had Lu Xingci accompany him for the night.

Fu Yuan looked at the both of them sitting together as they ate breakfast. Duan Jiayan very naturally reached out and patted Lu Xingci on the shoulder, hinting to the latter to pass the jug of orange juice over.

Advertisements

After being patted by him, Lu Xingci brought the jug over and helped him pour a glass of orange juice.