Chapter 3

Before language class was over, Zhao MinJun distributed the homework and instructed the class to memorise Li Sao1 by next week.

Lu XingCi was the leader of the group situated by the window. Duan JiaYan gave a quick look in their direction and noticed that a girl was already trying to memorise the poem when the class has just ended.

Naturally, Duan JiaYan will not memorise the texts.

He took out his phone, prepared to play some games on his mobile phone to distract himself. He’s been feeling a little restless recently.

When he was playing at an internet cafe near his school yesterday, someone he knew came up to him and rested an arm on his shoulder. He was an alpha and for some reason, at that moment, it felt like every cell in his body was resisting his friend’s close proximity to him. If it wasn’t for him stubbornly not reacting, he might have ended up pushing his friend away.

Just as he was about to play his game, he received a text message from Song Yi. Duan JiaYan felt that it was strange how Song Yi was sending him a message when they were sitting right beside each other. Opening up the message, he saw that it was a picture of Lu XingCi.

Lu XingCi seemed to have just exercised, his head slightly damp and the muscles along his arm lined with a thin sheen of sweat.

He was drinking from a water bottle, and with his eyelids half hooded over his pair of crystal clear eyes, one could feel a sense of youth coming from the photo.

The whole photo reeked of pheromones and was clearly secretly taken.

Duan JiaYan, “?”

Song Yi withdrew the photo and turned around to explain, “I sent this to the wrong person. I was planning to send it to the ‘Holding Up Yi Zhong’s Sky’ group.”

‘Holding Up Yi Zhong’s Sky’ this name sounded incredibly cool but actually it was actually made up of the Omegas in Yi Zhong. Previously Duan JiaYan glanced at Song Yi’s phone and found that the group was talking about which Alpha had the biggest member. They really had no limits.   

“It’s even secretly taken wow. If you have the skills then you should use it to memorise your class texts,” Duan JiaYan nodded towards the language book with the words ‘Li Sao’ on it. “Li Sao’s not even as provocative2 as you.”

Song Yi laughed and as if just noticing something, hooked an arm around Duan JiaYan, “A male junior complimented you today, praising your looks. He said that if you were an Alpha, he would have definitely chased after you. What followed after is just… Xiao Duan your popularity is nothing to scoff about too ah.”

“Then you tell that junior,” Duan JiaYan said as he booted up his game. “If he wants to chase then go for it, Xiao Duan will be waiting right here.”

Song Yi took what Duan JiaYan said as a joke and didn’t place too much emphasis on it. He might talk a lot but at the end of the day, Song Yi knows that since they were kids, Duan JiaYan has only liked girls.

The Omegas in the group seem to have a really good impression of Duan JiaYan as they were still praising him incessantly. Song Yi could only silently shake his head in response 

*

Duan JiaYan pretty much slept his way through his afternoon classes.

He felt especially tired today, his entire being did not really have much energy. He still had one class left, once they were done with it the school will let them out for dinner. Duan JiaYan lazily made his way towards the toilet.

Though he was still groggy from sleep, everyone else around him was very much awake. Occasionally a breeze will sweep through the corridors and cause the scent on his body to become more obvious, causing some students to turn his way as he made his way down the corridor.