Chapter 29

Even in such a situation, Qiao Nan was still pointedly staring at him.

The pheromones belonging to an Alpha were both thick and sharp, as if it couldn’t wait to drag him down to perish together.

If it weren’t because of his lack of strength, Duan Jiayan would have long burst out into laughter at Qiao Nan’s pathetic appearance.

When he was slamming Qiao Nan previously, he already had trouble standing straight. His whole body was in incredible pain, especially the pair of hands that Qiao Nan touched directly, the skin was littered in large red patches as if he was having an allergic reaction.

This was the first time he saw his stress disorder getting so bad.

Qiao Nan suddenly reached out as if to grab Duan Jiayan, when a hand from beside him grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

Qiao Nan’s wrist was gripped tightly and his whole body was even dragged backwards. Before he could steady himself, the person dragging him even kicked him in the stomach. The other person used a lot of force, Qiao Nan used one hand to brace himself against the wall while the other was holding his stomach, the sounds of retching could be heard coming from his throat.

He took a moment to collect himself before looking up to see Lu Xingci’s coldly looking at him. At the same time, the Alpha’s pheromones began pressing down on him.

Suppressed by such a fierce and terrifying pheromone, Qiao Nan could not hold back a shout as he was made to kneel down.

Once he noticed Lu Xingci, Duan Jiayan’s tight nerves began to loosen. His legs went soft and he was about to fall when someone grabbed onto his wrist and pulled him into their embrace.

He raised his head and saw Lu Xingci’s sharp jawline. The other party carried with him a warm herbaceous scent, the kind that carried an unspeakable attraction and would warm someone up on a cold rainy day.

Qiao Nan, who was originally slumped by the wall, was triggered by the scene in front of him and staggered up. However, Lu Xingci’s kick had been too aggressive and Qian Nan was unable to steady himself on his feet.

The chauffeur who ran over from the car got a shock from what he saw and rushed over to hold Qiao Nan down.

Lu Xingci continued to hug him, with one hand slowly rubbing along his back in comfort.

Duan Jiayan could feel the other’s chin brush across the top of his head. Lu Xingci’s voice was very gentle as he said, “Don’t be scared, he can’t stand anymore…”

Duan Jiayan immediately retorted, “Who’s scared?”

After the words left his mouth, he was shocked by how unnatural his voice sounded.

Duan Jiayan belatedly realised that his arms were trembling faintly.

It wasn’t only his arms, his entire body was trembling, though he was not sure if it was in fear or anger.

The boy in front of him fell silent before sighing and saying resignedly, “I’m scared.”

Duan Jiayan froze.

He never thought he’d hear Lu Xingci say something like this. For a second, Duan Jiayan did not know what to say in response. He replied, “I’m not scared, I’m just angry. This trembling is just a bodily reflex…”

“En, you’re not scared,” Lu Xingci repeated. “I’m scared.”

As he spoke, he raised a hand and rubbed his chilled fingertips across the bloodstains on the side of Duan Jiayan’s lips, “I was scared that he’ll stand up, scared that he’ll come looking for me to cause trouble. Of course you won’t be scared, you did so well fighting him.”