Chapter 52

Lu Xingci paused slightly before finally reacting. His eyes took on hints of a smile as he gently answered, “I don’t have a strawberry flavoured one, I’ll make it up to you next time. Is that okay?”

Duan Jiayan met his gaze. Him asking his question, was not really because he wanted Lu Xingci to swap his sweet, but because he wanted to give himself a way to talk to him.

He nodded and after thinking about it, extended his hand once again, “Then pass me that sweet.”

After he got it, Duan Jiayan opened the wrapper and threw the sweet into his mouth.

As there was something in his mouth, his words were slightly muffled, “Not angry.”

Lu Xingci looked at him, “Hmm?”

Duan Jiayan saw the other looking hesitant and for some reason, he somehow did not want to see Lu Xingci looking like this so he unconsciously raised his voice, ‘I’m not angry!”

His volume ended up being too loud, making the empty classroom all the more obvious.

Duan Jiayan suddenly realised that he might have been too fierce. He scratched his head before mellowing his tone, “Previously, when I brought up being marked for the third time, I did not mean to question your feelings for me.”

He paused for a bit before continuing, “I was just thinking that before I properly thought things through, it’ll be very unfair of you to be bound to me due to such a reason.”

Duan Jiayan really rarely spoke such serious and considerate words.

He looked a little uncomfortable as he spoke, his gaze was hooded and his eyes kept wandering about.

Just as Lu Xingci opened his mouth to speak, he suddenly thought of something and looked at the tip of Duan Jiayan’s ears.

It was red.

Even though the red was not very obvious, but he was most definitely embarrassed.

This scene turned Lu Xingci’s heart into a soft mess.

He leaned closer to Duan Jiayan a little to help dispel Duan Jiayan’s concerns.

“The matter of me liking you will not change regardless of whether I’ve marked you or not. No matter how many times the mark happens, it will not affect me.”

“Compared to that, your health is most important,” Lu Xingci looked into his amber eyes as he spoke. “Previously I was too anxious and did not properly consider your wishes before giving you a mark, it was my fault.”

He paused for a little while before continuing, “But if you can, I hope you do not keep matters such as your body feeling uncomfortable from me in the future.”

“Can you promise me that?”

He spoke slowly and sounded very logical.

Duan Jiayan listened as he slowly spoke and could not pick out any parts that were unreasonable.

In the end, Duan Jiayan nodded his head and softly agreed.

Everyone was feeling restless by the last lesson on Thursday, which was Self-Study.

Advertisements

Just a few more hours and it’ll be the new year. Because of that, a good portion of the students in class found it difficult to sit still.

That night was Zhao Minjun’s language self-study period. As the lesson was coming to an end, Zhao Minjun stood up and smiled at her students, “In the new year, I wish that all of you will make improvements in your students and achieve better results.”