Chapter 21

Every Wednesday night, the english teacher arranged a weekly test.

When he was having dinner, Duan Jiayan was somewhat absent-minded. When he thought about having to stare blankly at an English test for two hours, he felt exhausted.

Just then, Shen Chilie sent a message over. Seeing that he was inviting him to surf the internet, Duan Jiayan’s eyes lit up.

He asked Song Yi: “Do you want to go back and take the test?”

“What’s up?”

“Shen Chilie invited me to go surf the internet. I’m asking you if you want to go.”

“I’m going.” Song Yi was a little happy: “What’s up with him? Didn’t he say that he planned to concentrate on his studies this trimester just a few days ago?”

Unlike Duan Jiayan and Song Yi, Shen Chilie had good scores. Although he wasn’t as strong in liberal arts, his sciences were of the top of the grade.

“His class’s weekly test was probably moved up and already happened. The teacher asked them to self-study tonight—which he considered boring.”

“Sure,” Song Yi said: “Then let’s meet him at Ionia.”

There were several internet cafes near First Middle. They were often visited by students skipping class to pass time.

Shen Chilie had already taken a seat at the internet cafe they frequented. Duan Jiayan saw a cup of iced orange juice placed each at the two seats beside him. Knowing those were the seats Shen Chilie saved for him and Song Yi, Duan Jiayan pulled out his chair and sat down.

The internet cafe was almost full with people. A thick smoke smell filled the air.

After entering the internet cafe, Duan Jiayan vaguely felt his exposed skin itch slightly and was a little dizzy.

Shen Chilie saw him frowning while motionless, and asked curiously: “It’s been a long time since you’ve been at home. Are you feeling super unfamiliar with everything happening here?

“What?”

“Internet cafe, your second hometown,” Seeing that he was still out of it, Shen Chilie reached out to press his computer’s power button: “Did you really forget how to boot up your computer? Come, let dad teach you.”

Duan Jiayan smiled as he pushed him away slightly, pressing the power button himself.

Duan Jiayan played for a long while. Although that discomforting feeling didn’t disappear, it didn’t become strong either. With the distraction of the game, he gradually forgot about it.

“Xiao-duan,” Song Yi suddenly called out his name: “Someone just informed me that Teacher Zhao is starting class in a bit, do you want to head back?”

“What?”

Duan Jiayan was wearing earphones and didn’t hear what he said clearly.

“Class meeting!” Song Yi raised his voice: “We’re probably going to go on an Autumn Overnight!”

“Oh!” Duan Jiayan looked at the time: “Why don’t we head back after this game?”

Advertisements

Song Yi nodded. Shen Chilie asked: “Where is your class going for the Autumn Overnight? We’re going to the Jingshan Temple… Back up, back up, Kennan’s coming! Duan Jiayan, what are you running for?! Help me block!

Shen Chilie said while moving frantically, but his character was still killed by the enemy. He turned his head and looked at Duan Jiayan: “Did you know that this behavior is considered peddling your teammates?”