Chapter 2

This taunt by Lu XingCi, was mean yet still polite.

The atmosphere between them turned subtle.

Duan JiaYan’s gaze is wrong, Song Yi thought has he felt his scalp go numb from that fake smile on Duan JiaYan’s face, he doesn’t know what’s currently going through Lu XingCi’s mind.

Duan JiaYan’s mouth twitched a little, the corner of his eyes hooking up, as if he had something to say.

In his heart, Song Yi said, “It’s here it’s here, the fight of the heavenly mountains is about to start–”

“What are you all standing around for?” The form teacher’s voice suddenly cut through the air.

“Are you all holding a meeting here?” The flag raising ceremony is about to start,” Class Ten’s form teacher Zhao MinJun is in charge of language. The first person that caught her eye as she made her way over was the one whose outfit was sticking out like a sore thumb, Duan JiaYan, “Duan JiaYan, where’s your uniform?”

Seeing that their teacher is here, Duan JiaYan lowered his eyes, “I forgot to bring it.”

“Discipline committee members, write his name down,” Zhao MinJun said to the two female students before turning back to nag at him. “Next time don’t forget to bring it. You tell me, how many times have you properly worn this school’s uniform?”

Looking at Lu XingCi walk away, Duan JiaYan seemed to have lost his will to fight, only dejectedly giving an “En.” in response.

Zhao MinJun and his mother were university classmates. Whenever it came to her mind, his mom would run over to Zhao MinJun to ask for his situation in school, that’s why in front of Zhao MinJun, it’s better for Duan JiaYan to be a little more well behaved.

Zhao MinJun saw him looking all dejected and quietly asked, “What issue do you have with him?”

Duan JiaYan raised his head.

“Don’t get into any trouble,” Zhao MinJun nagged. “You’re already a sophomore. Okay?”

Seeing him agree, Zhao MinJun made her way back to the front of Class Ten.

As one of the best private high schools in NingCheng, there are scores of students who want to come in every year. Since the school was founded, the strength of its teaching staff was very strong, especially for Class Ten. The school allocated the best of their teaching resources to that class, for no other reason than for the sole fact that Lu XingCi was in that class.

Aside from its genius, there are a few students that made their way in through their parent’s connections. Being able to wrangle these special students, as a form teacher, Zhao MinJun’s skills are, needless to say, obviously top-notch.

At least under her hands, Duan JiaYan has become a lot more obedient.

After the flag raising ceremony, Duan JiaYan and Song Yi both didn’t want to return to class. After being called out by some students from Class Three, Duan JiaYan figured he should just ask for a few more students from his class and go play basketball with the guys from Class Three.

After playing for nearly two periods, the boys are all feeling exhausted, they lazily made their way to the long bench to rest.

Duan JiaYan raised his head to quench his thirst, his adam’s apple rolling with every swallow. His long legs were placed against the ground, his whole body looked extremely relaxed.

A boy from Class Three asked, “Duan-ge, what’s up with Du XuChen from the Sports faculty? He was making a fuss today, talking about how you were giving attention to his goddess, when he was the one who first laid eyes on Jiang QiNian.