Chapter 59

He was half in Lu Xingci’s embrace and all he could smell was the other’s pheromones.

The ever-present pheromones floated in the air, both comforting and tantalising him.

The ear that was close to Lu Xingci uncontrollably started to heat up, the heat travelled from the tips of his ears to his neck. It felt as if it covered his whole body.

He felt numb throughout his whole body.

Duan Jiayan pursed his lips, entranced by the other party’s rare show of weakness. He never thought that Lu Xingci would dare say such words after his aggressive display from earlier.

It makes one really unable to fight back against him.

Duan Jiayan stared at him for half a day, still unable to process what he heard before finally numbly nodding his head.

“Alright,” his words carried with it a slight trace of confusion. “Go to sleep then.”

A light kiss was planted on his lips.

With the brief touch on his lips, Duan Jiayan cooperatively straightened his back and did not hide.

Lu Xingci saw him sitting there, looking as if he would not resist anything he’d do and suddenly laughed.

His laugh managed to exchange him Duan Jiayan’s confusion and annoyance.

“Ah Ye,” he repeated while laughing. “Ah Ye.”

“What do you want?” Duan Jiayan was in low spirits after being laughed at and really did not want to act too weak. He tsked, “You sure know how to push for more huh? Are you done laughing? Say, are you—”

Are you asking for a beating?

“Has anyone ever told you,” Lu Xingci asked with his eyebrows raised, “That you are very cute?”

“……”

At that moment, Duan Jiayan nearly spat an expletive out.

He did not know how that person could have gotten that one word from his face.

What’s worse is, he asked his question so fiercely yet the other person could answer him back effortlessly and even taped on the word ‘cute’.

He really was

Duan Jiayan felt that he was really easy to tease and said, “Is cute a word to describe someone that is incredibly handsome? Lu Xingci you really are getting wilder now— Hey! Have you showered? Yet you’re still touching me?”

“I went to take a shower before looking for you.”

As he spoke, Lu Xingci grabbed his wayward hands and pressed them against his chest.

His arms once again looped around Duan Jiayan’s waist and tightened their grip.

Advertisements

The person in his arm had warm skin and a slender waist.

When his stress disorder is acting up, this alpha’s pheromones will be extremely irresistible to Duan Jiayan.

After being hugged for a while, he softened his attitude and ultimately leaned into Lu Xingci’s embrace after finding a comfortable position to lie in.

He stared at Lu Xingci lazily, as if he had no intention of letting him go.

“It seems to be only 10 pm,” Duan Jiayan muttered. “You’re going to sleep now? I’ve never been so healthy in 800 years.”

“Then let’s chat?”

“What are we going to talk about?”

“We’ll just chat… about how you find my family,” as he spoke, Lu Xingci laughed into his ear, blowing a small puff of air against it. “You’ll be interacting with them for a long time in the future.”