Chapter 43

Duan Jiayan met his gaze.

The boy looked down at him. This close to one another, the aggressiveness of the alpha's pheromones became even more obvious. Duan Jiayan unconsciously moved backwards a little.

For some reason, he felt embarrassed, unable to look Lu Xingci in the eye. He answered softly, "That request... seems a little difficult to fulfil."

"Then let's change it," Lu Xingci considerately went along with him. "How about a kiss?"

"......" Duan Jiayan, "That request feels like even tougher to fulfil."

Lu Xingci laughed as he leaned backwards while reaching out a hand to rub the top of Duan Jiayan's head.

Though the hand on his head was gentle, Duan Jiayan immediately straightened his back. Lu Xingci noticed his stiff reaction and his smile deepened. He answered gently, "Just come to me to clarify any questions you have."

Before Duan Jiayan could reply, he added, "There is no need to say you like me and I don't need you to kiss me."

"......" He was clearly denying those nonsensical suggestions from before but because of his lazy tone, it sounded strangely inappropriate.

"If you want to study, of course I will teach you," he said. Seeing Duan Jiayan hesitate, Lu Xingci kept his hand back, "What's wrong? Feeling awkward?"

"No," Seeing Lu Xingci guessing the crux of his concern, Duan Jiayan instinctively denied and tried to think of an excuse. "I'm just... I'm afraid I'll be taking you away your own self-study time."

After he said that, Duan Jiayan felt that his excuse was a weak one.

It really was.

"No it won't. On the other hand, I'm worried that you'll be uncomfortable if hang out with me." Lu Xingci smiled as he looked at him, "As long as you don't feel awkward, it's okay."

Duan Jiayan curled his lips and tried to lower his voice, "How can that be? Whoever tutors me will be my father. So, that makes you the father of all fathers."

After saying that, the bell rang and Duan Jiayan turned back around quickly, as if he was escaping with his life.

Song Yi had been paying attention to their interaction and more or less had heard what they were talking about. After seeing Duan Jiayan turn around, he bit out word by word, "Xiao! Duan! Explain! Yourself!"

After taking a look at Song Yi's expression, he knew he wouldn't be able to brush this off. He lowered his volume and spoke, "At the theme park, he confessed to me but I did not accept him."

Song Yi wanted to shout out loud but knew it wasn't a good idea and so just raised his volume a little, "Why didn't you?!"

Duan Jiayan, "......"

Duan Jiayan glanced in the direction of their teacher, "Lower your voice, or you'll be called out."

Song Yi quietened down, "Then what is the situation between the both of you now?"

Duan Jiayan mumbled, "I did not agree, so he's... just like that."

Song Yi was very puzzled, "But you're still looking for him to tutor you? You're asking for death aren't you?"

Duan Jiayan was just as puzzled, "What am I supposed to do? If I ask you will you know?"

Advertisements

Song Yi could take it no longer, "Have you heard of someone cooking a frog in warm water?"

Duan Jiayan tsked and thought of his conversation with Lu Xingci. For some reason, his temper flared, "Bullshit. Warm water? Him? He just asked me to kiss him, can he be a little less shameless?"