Chapter 34

Lu Xingci’s reflection on the flag-raising podium resulted in a raging scandal that swept through Yi Zhong for a long time, with over eight hundred versions of rumours being passed around.

Some believed his words were purely to show off his love, while some truly believed that he had been dumped by Duan Jiayan. Still, even after being dumped, his love remained unwavering and he still pined for the campus bully.

As one of the rumour’s protagonists, Duan Jiayan not only had to explain the situation to his fellow students one by one, but even had to listen to people talking behind his back in school occasionally.

“Eh, is he that…” the girl paused. “The senior liked by the senior that you like?”

The female student felt outraged, “It’s that scumbag that abused and then abandoned senior Lu!”

“Shh, lower your voice! He’s the sophomore year’s big boss, I heard that if he gets angry then heads will start bleeding.”

“……” Duan Jiayan thought to himself that he had heard nothing.

At the start, he still had the patience to explain the situation, but there were so many people who had heard the rumours that he eventually grew numb and decided to just let them say whatever they want.

Lu Xingci was even lazier than him. There were so many people making him out to be a tragic male protagonist, to the point where even Duan Jiayan felt a little bad for him after listening to the rumours but the boy himself had no intention of explaining himself.

Previously Zhao Minjun had stated that the school will be organising an ABO-related exercise, with the sophomores most probably heading to Zhao City’s ABO museum.

But even till the end of the month, there was still no news from the school. Just when everyone thought that the matter would just pass them by, the school suddenly announced that there will be a weekend trip to Zhao City for two days and one night, and told their students to start getting ready.

After the news was announced, everyone got excited. Song Yi was bustling around as he packed his stuff the night before. Searching up information on Zhao City’s bar, he said, “Xiao Duan! There is a bar that is famous on the internet. Apparently, the boss is an alpha that is super duper handsome! He seems to even be a tattoo artist!”

As he spoke, Song Yi shoved his phone to Duan Jiayan’s face. He took a glance and replied with a bored tone, “So you actually plan to start a Zhao City romance?”

Song Yi, “I’m just taking a look and admiring the hunks. I still prefer guys that look like the class monitor.”

Duan Jiayan casually asked, “What about him?”

Song Yi, “A young master ah. Don’t you think that getting into a relationship with such a guy will feel like you are walking on the edge of a knife with every step? A slight moment where you don’t pay attention and his mother might use some underhanded tactics to force you to leave her son, or come up with some evil plot to make you unable to leave her son.”

Song Yi paused for a moment before concluding, “How exhilarating.”

Duan Jiayan, “……”

Duan Jiayan was once again disturbed by Song Yi.

Seeing Duan Jiayan’s speechless expression, Song Yi chortled, “I’m just kidding. But during last year’s parent-teacher meeting, I saw from afar that his mom was very young and very pretty. She could pass off as his elder sister.”

Even though Zhao Minjun continuously advised them against going out at night after they had arrived in Zhao City, these students were still young and energetic. Furthermore, they were in Zhao City, a place with bustling nightlife.