Chapter 19

In the evening of that same day, Zhao Minjun applied for a leave from the school, and during the self-study period at night, he took the whole class of students out.

First Middle was located in a bustling area of Ningcheng City. There was a large shopping center only a few kilometers away from the school. Only when the students got there did they find out that Zhao Minjun had called in and reserved seats at Haidilao last night, so no matter if they were able to win first place today, their Haidilao meal couldn’t escape.

“Duan Jiayan,” Chen Yue saw Duan Jiayan and Song Yi looking for a seat and called them over, pointing to the two empty seats beside him: “Come, come, sit here.”

To the left of Chen Yue sat Lu Xingci. After Duan Jiayan sat down, he and Song Yi were to the right of Cheng Yue.

They just filled up the 12-person table. When it came time to order, Zhou Xingchen ordered six bottles of beer. The girl next to him asked in disapproval:

“Didn’t Teacher Zhao forbid us from drinking?”

“Shh–” Zhou Xingchen shook his head at her: “We’ll do it secretly. We’ll simply hide it when she comes over.”

“What are you ordering wine for? And six bottles?” Chen Yue casually: “Considering how much you can drink, will you even be able to finish it?”

“Isn’t Brother Lu here with us?”

Lu Xingci said with a smile: “I’m not going to drink. Since you ordered it, you should finish it yourself.”

Seeing that he really began to drink lemonade for self-cultivation, Zhou Xingchen glanced at the table. This table was evenly split, half-filled with boys and half girls; he didn’t really have the nerve to ask to drink with girls. Zhou Xingchen’s eyes brightened: “Duan Jiayan, let’s drink together. You must be able to drink, right?”

Caught off guard, Duan Jiayan looked up. Besides him, Song Yi watched this scene and couldn’t hold back his laughter: “Yup, Xiao-duan can drink.” He’ll be out after only one bottle.

Without waiting for Duan Jiayan to reply, Zhou Xingchen regarded him as his only hope and took the initiative to offer Duan Jiayan a full cup.

“I’ll toast you,” Zhou Xingchen held the glass: “I didn’t know you well before and wondered why you were always bending over backward. Back then, because… Enough, enough. After this experience, I’ll gain a better understanding of you, so we will be friends from now on.”

“You’re already starting to lay your heart bare before you even start drinking?” Duan Jiayan picked at his eyebrows. “I won’t be able to keep up with your speed.”

A burst of laughter came from the table.

“…” “Can’t you say something nice?” The corner of Zhou Xingchen’s mouth twitched.

“I can’t,” Duan Jiayan sent the cup forward and actively clinked it against his: “It’s no big deal. I didn’t like you either before.”

He has always sprouted an indifferent appearance. Those who don’t know him might wonder how to beat him up, but at times, he has a kind of temperament that makes people want to approach him.

Zhou Xingchen couldn’t help asking a follow-up: “How about now?”

“You’re now relying on me. How can I not like you?”

Duan Jiayan just placed down his glass and was about to sit down when Zhou Xingchen filled up his glass again.

“As long as you like me, we can be brothers,” Zhou Xingchen, who let Duan Jiayan’s words go to his head a little: “Come, let’s drink on!”