Chapter 14

That afternoon, Duan Jiayan entered Class Ten’s classroom.

The exam started at 3:00 pm, but students still had a bit of time before they had to enter their exam rooms.

Duan Jiayan’s heroic feat in the morning had already been spread throughout the entire cohort. When he entered the classroom, his classmates couldn’t help glancing at him a few extra times.

A bag of chips sat atop Duan Jiayan’s desk and the jacket he had lent to Jiang Qinian hung on his chair.

Knowing that Jiang Qinian had visited, Duan Jiayan smiled, pulled out his chair, and sat down.

The afternoon exam was Mathematics.

Last night, when Lu Xingci outlined the important concepts, seemed to really serve its purpose. Duan Jiayan felt like he saw those concepts mentioned in many questions. Even though he couldn’t wrap his head around how to solve a lot of the questions, at least he felt better than when he started napping after guessing all the questions in the previous exams.

Duan Jiayan tasted sweet victory. Tomorrow’s exam will be on comprehensive natural science. He was going to ask Lu Xingci to go over the important points, but Lu Xingci had directly given him his studying materials.

“Flip through and take a look at the underlined portions and annotations.”

Duan Jiayan thought that he was also going to review since comprehensive natural science is a hard subject, so he decided not to bother him.

For most of the Evening Self Study, Duan Jiayan studied. He could pretty much understand most of the concepts, but could not wrap his head around the problems. His brain was almost melting, yet he didn’t expect that once class ended, he turned his head to see-

Lu Xingci was playing “Fight the Landlord” with Chen Yue on their phones.

“Class president,” Duan Jiayan shouted at him: “After you finish the game, can you help save this classmate who’s an aquatic life stuck in a fiery hell?”

Lu Xingci didn’t even raise his head: “Always relying on others isn’t beneficial for your growth.”

“…” Duan Jiayan: “You weren’t like this yesterday.”

“That’s why I’ve changed today.”

“…” Duan Jiayan saw that he was still unhurriedly sorting his cards, seeming as if he wasn’t going to help him. Duan Jiayan looked over at Chen Yue: “Who are you guys battling? Someone else in this class?”

Chen Yue: “We play randomly-matched players in each game.”

Duan Jiayan pulled out his mobile phone: “Add me. I also want to play.”

The result: Chen Yue added Duan Jiayan in.

There was a function in the mobile “Fight the Landlord” game where players could throw items at each other. As soon as Duan Jiayan entered, he threw tomatoes at Lu Xingci’s character, then threw eggs after throwing tomatoes, and finally watered them.

From start to end, Lu Xingci whole face has not been fully exposed once.

Chen Yue: “…”

Chen Yue can feel Duan Jiayan’s resentment through the phone screen. After that round, Duan Jiayan fell from a part-time worker to a contract worker, and Lu Xingci became a tiny rich man.

Seeing that Lu Xingci exited the round, Chen Yue asked: “You’re not playing anymore?”

Advertisements

“If I play again, I’ll be killed by tomatoes.” Lu Xingci had a blank stare. He looked at Duan Jiayan: “Contract worker, let’s go study.”

Duan Jiayan saw that he flipped open the teaching materials and looked ready to give him one-on-one counseling.