Chapter 47

After the city entrance examination was the parent-teacher meeting.

Class ten’s parent-teacher meeting was to be held on Friday. Duan Jiayan informed Fu Yuan of the date and after asking for more details on the time and location, she quickly agreed to attend.

The parent-teacher meeting started during their big break and ended in the afternoon when the students will be dismissed to go home.

While waiting for Fu Yuan to arrive, Duan Jiayan had nothing to do. After thinking about it, he decided to head outside school to buy some snacks.

He went to a convenience store to buy a bottle of coke and a packet of chips. As he was leaving the store, he saw a car that just so happened to be parked right in front of him.

Duan Jiayan did not think too much about it. As he was thinking of walking around the car, Jiang Yao who was getting off the car caught sight of him and paused.

She carefully studied the boy in front of her.

The colour of his hair and brows were not commonly seen, his eyes were sharp and his height seemed to correspond to the data she had been given.

Thinking back to how Lu Xingci was like during his rut, she hesitated for a moment before speaking, “Fellow student?”

He was the only one in the area so Duan Jiayan paused his footsteps upon hearing that.

He turned towards Jiang Yao. The lady had nicely trimmed eyebrows, a slender figure and a graceful disposition. Duan Jiayan figured she must be someone’s parent and politely replied, “Hello.”

Jiang Yao smiled, “I’m here to attend my son’s parent-teacher meeting but I’m not too sure of where the second year building is at. Are you an Yi Zhong student?”

“I am,” Duan Jiayan had just finished buying his snacks and had nothing else to do. “I’m a second-year student and I happen to be heading back to my class. I’ll bring you over then?”

“That’s great,” Jiang Yao thanked him. “Thank you and I’ll be troubling you.”

“It’s no trouble,” Duan Jiayan glanced at her car. “Your car……?”

“I’ll just leave it here since it’s a car park,” Jiang Yao said as she got off her car. Lu Xingci had just sent her a message, asking if she needed him to come fetch her.

[No, it’s fine.] Jiang Yao replied. [There’s a cute student showing me the way.]

In the classroom, Lu Xingci looked at the tone of her message and could tell his mother was in a good mood. He did not think too much about it and put his phone down before casually asking, “Where’s Duan Jiayan?”

Song Yi replied, “He went to buy something to eat.”

He tutted in his heart as he answered.

Hasn’t it been only a few minutes since he left and Lu Xingci is already looking for him? Then again, alphas are all like this, they won’t feel secure until they have their partner safely in front of them.

He recently seemed to feel that Duan Jiayan’s attitude towards Lu Xingci has changed subtly. At the very least he is no longer as avoidant of the other. Plus even Shen Chilie’s attitude towards Lu Xingci is getting better. Who knows……

Yi Zhong’s campus was fairly big, it takes approximately ten minutes to walk from the school gate to the second year building.

Along the way, Jiang Yao surreptitiously studied Duan Jiayan. The latter was tall and lean with fair skin, he was indeed a very good looking child.