Chapter 41

It was only after he was done talking did Duan Jiayan start moving his lips.

His words travelled to his lips but were swallowed down again.

Duan Jiayan slowly shook his head.

He wanted to say something but felt that it was not too good to do so. He looked at the boy in front of him. He did not seem to be surprised by his reaction but after seeing Duan Jiayan’s obvious rejection, Lu Xingci’s gaze dimmed, the corners of his lips lowered.

After a while, with downcast eyes, he asked gently, “Can’t consider it for just a little bit?

Duan Jiayan avoided his gaze, his voice was also very quiet, “It’s not a matter of whether I can consider this or not.”

“Then what is the issue?”

“It’s,” He hesitated a little, seeming to stumble over his words, “I just don’t feel like we are compatible……”

“En.” Lu Xingci answered mellowly.

“……”

“Then, where aren’t we compatible,” He looked at him patiently. “I’ll see if I can make some adjustments.”

“Don’t, Lu-ge,” Duan Jiayan bit his lips, expression a little stilted. “Let’s just… can’t we just be friends?”

Hearing this, Lu Xingci noticed his brows seemed to be showing his nervousness and gently said, “It seems like we can’t.”

Duan Jiayan never thought that Lu Xingci would not leave him even a way to take a step backwards.

His patient and determined attitude made Duan Jiayan feel a little uncomfortable.

Duan Jiayan fell silent for a moment and decided to be ruthless.

“You see, my results aren’t good, my temper isn’t all that great either,” He studied Lu Xingci’s expression as he spoke. “I don’t have any particular talents and no life goals. You could be a winner at life, but if you get together with me, I could end up leading you astray. Shen Chilie also mentioned before that I’m not one to take care of the house. Who knows, in the future I could…”

In order to let Lu Xingci see the severity of the issue, Duan Jiayan considered it and committed to being ruthless, “I could cheat on you.”

“……”

Duan Jiayan sincerely added, “Don’t let yourself be wronged like this.”

“You sure made some long term considerations,” Despite all that Duan Jiayan said, Lu Xingci still laughed and said, “That’s fine too.”

What’s fine? Even cheating is fine?

Duan Jiayan felt like this situation was going differently from what he imagined.

“Then can I,” Lu Xingci deliberated and licked his lips before looking at Duan Jiayan. “Be a little wronged by you.”

The fireworks were done going off and quietened down.

Advertisements

Duan Jiayan did not know how to react.

After understanding what the other meant, Duan Jiayan finally understood what it means to feel a rare moment of powerlessness. He looked at Lu Xingci and hesitated, “Did you start liking me because I became an omega?”

“It was because you became an omega, we got to know one another and then I started liking you,” Lu Xingci corrected him. “It has nothing to do with gender.”