Chapter 46

Lu Xingci was absent from school for quite a few days.

For the first day, Duan Jiayan did not think much about it. It was the same for the second day, he went about his day as per normal. It was only on the third day that he could no longer resist glancing a few times at the empty seat behind him.

During the night self-study session, Chen Yue looked as he dangled a fruit pop in his mouth and lazily sat about playing a mobile game. He casually said, “You’re not bored now that Lu-gou’s gone?”

Duan Jiayan turned around.

It seemed as though what Chen Yue said was true. His expression was a little unnatural but his tone still sounded casual as he said, “Me? Bored? I’m never bored.”

Chen Yue never expected that reaction from him and after his slight surprise wore off, laughed, “He seems to be pretty bored though. I looked at my friend’s list last night and I saw that he was gaming till the early morning, it seemed he couldn’t sleep.”

Hearing this, Duan Jiayan frowned, “It’s that bad during a rut? You guys can’t even fall asleep?”

“It’s terrible. I feel like a sociopath whenever my rut is here,” Chen Yue said. He suddenly recalled something, “During Lu-gou’s last rut, he got into a fight with someone in a bar and in the end, fractured the guy’s bones.”

Song Yu overheard this and leaned over curiously, “The class monitor’s so wild?”

Chen Yue nodded, “His self-control is too good usually. So he goes out of control during his ruts, you know what I mean?”

As he spoke, he turned towards Duan Jiayan, “Regardless, the moment he enters his rut, it’s best that you leave him alone. I think he’ll probably commit a crime if he sees you.”

Duan Jiayan fell silent.

Chen Yue was not aware that during Lu Xingci’s rut, not only did he look for the other person, he even let Lu Xingci hug him.

Song Yi had heard about what happened during Lu Xingci’s rut from Shen Chilie. He turned to Duan Jiayan and whispered, “Actually I felt that class monitor hugging you for that little while… was a little perverted.”

Duan Jiayan, “????”

Duan Jiayan sincerely asked, “Then what did you think he should have done?”

Song Yi, “You weren’t paying attention during sex ed classes, you don’t understand.”

Song Yi, “Getting f*cked is normal, not putting it in and marking someone is already not bad.”

Duan Jiayan, “……”

Duan Jiayan’s ears started to warm at Song Yi’s straightforward and vulgar mention of ‘putting it in’. He could not resist replying in a low voice, “F*ck, what are you thinking about all the time?”

Song Yi looked at him for a moment before suddenly sighing.

That sigh sounded quite annoyed. Before Duan Jiayan could ask what he meant with the sigh, Song Yi looked at him in loving amusement and said, “Say, how long do you think it’ll take for you to grow up?”

Duan Jiayan had goosebumps from Song Yi’s tone and stared at him threateningly. He didn’t know what medicine the latter took as he started laughing instead.

The day Lu Xingci came back to school, Duan Jiayan overslept and by the time he arrived in class, it was already mid-way into their self-study period.

On habit, he glanced towards the chair behind him and saw the boy sitting there solving questions. He thought his eyes were playing tricks on him.