Chapter 27

After buying the scent blockers, both of them left the pharmacy.

An hour has already passed since night self-study started. There were not many people on the campus, it was only the third year building that was still lit up.

Duan Jiayan was scrolling through his phone when he suddenly scrolled past a new update.

It was from Jiang Qinian.

The update stated how she might be leaving for another country for a period of time to prepare for her arts examination.

Duan Jiayan unconsciously gave a slight frown.

Lu Xingci noticed the boy beside him was staring so attentively at his phone as he walked, that he nearly bumped into a girl beside him. He then raised his hand out to pull him back.

Duan Jiayan returned to his senses and was about to give a word of thanks. But just as he was about to do so, his words of thanks got stuck in his throat.

His gaze had shifted to the first floor of the dormitory.

And when he caught sight of just who it was standing there, Duan JiaYan’s gaze darkened. Lu Xingci had also noticed Qiao Nan, he took a few steps forward, blocking Duan Jiayan from view.

Qiao Nan seemed to not have thought they’d be caught walking together. After getting over his surprise and noticing that Lu Xingci seemed to be protecting Duan Jiayan, he laughed, “Class president.”

His gaze then moved back a little and his voice dropped as he said, “Duan Jiayan.”

Lu Xingci had no intention of returning his greeting, he coldly asked, “How did you get in here? You’re no longer a Yi Zhong student.”

“Yi Zhong is my alma mater, after all, I’m just coming back to pay it a visit.” Qiao Nan replied, his gaze moving from Lu Xingci to the boy behind him and licked his lips. “Since I’m here, I might as well see some old friends.”

Duan Jiayan frowned under Qiao Nan’s heavy gaze and opened his mouth to say something only to feel a hand press itself against the back of his head.

The boy’s hand was slightly chilled and seemed to be comforting him as it gently rubbed his head.

Lu Xingci gently rubbed his head before very naturally looping an arm across his shoulders.

Seeing this, Qiao Nan’s face darkened. The corner of Lu Xingci’s lips hooked up as he slowly said, “Which friend? If I know him, why not bring me along?”

His voice wasn’t loud and his eyebrows were raised, as if he was genuinely interested in Qiao Nan’s aforementioned friend.

Qiao Nan’s face continued to darken as he stared at the arm Lu Xingci had draped across Duan Jiayan’s shoulder. What irked him more was the fact that Duan Jiayan did not reject such an intimate action.

Such close interaction will definitely leave behind an alpha’s pheromone.

Qiao Nan’s face twisted at the thought of Duan Jiayan being tainted with the smell of another person. A bloodthirsty ** rose from within his heart but he pressed it down.

Even if he did not want to admit it, he was indeed a little afraid of Lu Xingci.

This fear was not solely because of the mutual suppression between alphas, but also because of his impression of the boy from long ago.

He had always been a genius since young. Teachers relied on him and his fellow students were always happy to interact with him.

But ever since entering class 10, no matter how hard he worked and how much time he spent studying, Lu Xingci will always manage to be in front of him in every test.