Chapter 33

“Director Jiang, you misunderstood.” Duan Jiayan hastily said. “My relationship with him is a normal classmate’s relationship, we just came here to play some video games.”

Director Jiang was already convinced that they were having an early romance. This move by Duan Jiayan just felt like he was trying to cover it up, his excuse felt flimsy. Director Jiang laughed, “Then that exclamation for your boyfriend, they were calling for Jiang Lin?”

Heipi was not expecting to be cued and took a step back in fright.

“No, I wouldn’t dare steal my father’s person. No… I wouldn’t dare be together with Duan Jiayan… No no no!” Heipi aggressively shook his head, he was about to scare himself shitless with that title.

Director Jiang looked at his good-for-nothing appearance and knew that the person they were calling for could only be Lu Xingci. At this point, Duan Jiayan was still trying to protect himself, “They were just joking, they weren’t being serious.”

Just based on his expression, he looked very sincere, acting as if it was true.

Director Jiang silently shook his head, inwardly thinking about this kid, only knowing to try to escape whenever he got into trouble at such a young age, “I saw the both of you being touchy-feely with each other, and you still call it a joke?”

Duan Jiayan glanced at Lu Xingci.

In a second, Lu Xingci saw him clearly blinking at him, his face even took on a gentler expression as if he was trying to win him over.

Before Lu Xingci could react, he saw Duan Jiayan turn to face Director Jiang, “That’s because it was his first time getting caught. He was too nervous and when he gets nervous, his head gets muddled.”

Director Jiang, “……”

Lu Xingci felt his tooth itch, he sorely wanted to catch Duan Jiayan and beat him up. After being silent for a moment, he still decided to go along with Duan Jiayan, “My… hand cramped up a little.”

Director Jiang showed a knowing expression and looked at Lu Xingci, “You see, this is not even that big an issue and he was already rushing to dismiss your relationship. At your age, relationships formed are all very fragile.”

Lu Xingci, “……”

Duan Jiayan, “……”

Duan Jiayan still wanted to speak but Director Jiang already no longer wanted to listen to anything he had to say. He waved his hand, “3000 words per person, properly reflect on what you have done. I’ll speak to your class teacher tomorrow, she’ll deal with this early romance.”

After he was done, Director Jiang left the both of them standing there and went to catch students in the male toilet.

Director Jiang swept through all the nearby internet cafes and caught around thirty students. They were all made to run laps around Yi Zhong’s field.

As it was already close to 11 pm, everyone was made to run together to save time. At the thought of having to run ten laps, Duan Jiayan was too lazy to run seriously and slowly took his time jogging alongside Lu Xingci.

Suddenly, a shadow brushed past him.

“Duan Jiayan!”

Duan Jiayan turned around.

A familiar-looking boy was running towards him, “Come compete with me!”

“…” Duan Jiayan looked at this hot-blooded youth and paused. “Who are you?”

The boy was caught off guard by Duan Jiayan’s question. His expression got distorted for a moment before he expressionlessly answered, “I’m Lin Zheng! The one you ran the 3000-meter race with, you even won me!”