Chapter 22

After returning to the holiday villa, Duan Jiayan took a shower, changed into a T-shirt and shorts, and came out of the bathroom in a good relaxed mood.

It was already past nine o’clock. The night wind on the mountain snuck in through the window, making people feel a bit cold. On the whole way back from the tunnel, Zhou Xingchen had been clamoring about playing games together at night. He asked on his phone; Zhou Xingchen and the rest were all sitting in the lobby, so Duan Jiayan headed downstairs.

He saw at a glance that Chen Yue and Zhou Xingchen were sitting on the sofa. Song Yi was also there and the three of them were currently chatting happily about something. Farther away, there were also a couple of students playing cards.

Duan Jiayan walked over, asking casually: “Where’s Lu Xingci?”

“He went out to smoke.” Chen Yue said.

Duan Jiayan raised his eyebrows in surprise. Chen Yue looked at his expression and smiled: “What? Is him smoking very weird?”

Song Yi: “It’s not weird. It isn’t. With one look at the class president’s face, smoking, fighting, and swearing… I can accept it all.”

Duan Jiayan placed his hand on Song Yi’s shoulder: “Promise me, you’ll say less flirty words.”

Hearing that Chen Yue became happy. Zhou Xingchen saw Duan Jiayan and promptly called out: “Come come come! We’ve waited for you for so long, let’s win some team-of-4 PUBG*.”

*T/N: [吃鸡] Gamer Slang for winning at PUBG, literally “eat chicken”.

“I’m not really familiar with how to play that one.”

“It’s fine,” Chen Yue said: “Zhou Xingchen’s awesome. He’ll carry the three of us himself. We’ll just head towards victory while lying down.”

“Come, Xiao-duan.” Song Yi knew that Duan Jiayan got a little dizzy from 3D and usually doesn’t play this kind of shooting games, reckoning that he doesn’t even have an account: “I have an extra account, do you want to use it?”

Seeing that they took initiative one after another, Duan Jiayan didn’t want to disappoint them, so he took out his phone and sat next to Zhou Xingchen.

They started playing the game.

The account Song Yi lent to Duan Jiayan was super cottequish, having set after set of fashionable outfits.

When Duan Jiayan logged on, the pigtailed girl was wearing a sailor outfit, currently bouncing and hopping, doing warm ups.

Zhou Xingchen pulled him.

In the first game, Duan Jiayan landed and

was immediately eliminated*

*T/N: [落地成盒] (Luo Di Cheng He) – Internet Buzzword used in video games where the player immediate becomes a “loot box” upon landing.

In the second round, Duan Jiayan had to pay a bridge toll.

In the third round, Duan Jiayan led the whole group in the opposite direction of winning in PUBG*

*T/N: Still using Gamer Slang – literally “opposite direction of eating chicken”

Zhou Xingchen and Chen Yue didn’t expect that when Duan Jiayan said that he didn’t know much about the game, he really didn’t understand the game at all and wasn’t being modest in the slightest.

At the start of the fourth round, Zhou Xingchen searched the house but didn’t even hear footsteps before being sniped directly from below. Even Chen Yue and Song Yi both sent their lives away as well.