Our Next Step

Chapter 104

Niall POV

“So what are we going to do now?” asked Zayn as we all settled down in the front room.

“Check places, contacts make sure things are in order before we leave.” Says Louis.

“How’s Melly?” asked Harry.

I shrugged as I took a drink of my coffee, “She’s distant, like she’s pulling away.”

“You haven’t talked to her?” asked Max.

I shook my head, “Whenever I try to bring up the subject she always says later.”

“Maybe she just needs time, I mean she that was her uncle.” Says Zayn.

“Yeah, but how long does she need?” ask Liam.

Max shrugs as Zayn says, “Any ideas to where we are going?”

“Home." she says.

Looking up from my cup of coffee I looked up and towards the hallway. There stood Mel with Jesy and Perrie beside her. She wore an oversized jumper and a pair of those tight pants that I believe she called ‘leggings’. Now sporting a back her normal brown in her hair I smiled. I came to realize that whenever something happened Mel tended to change her hair. I’ll admit I loved her original brown but I’d have to say this red was looking rather sexy on her, she looked good, but hell Mel looked breath taking in anything she wore or didn’t wear.

“And where is home exactly?” asked Harry.

Mel looked over at me and I instantly knew, “Pennsylvania, home is at the UNI.”

“Why there?” asked Zayn.

“It’s the one spot that we actually stayed at and with minimum bullshit,” Max pauses, “Well that was up until this past year.”

“But why now? With Simon being dead and with Josh and his crew after us why go back to where they will automatically think that we will go?” asked Louis.

“I have to go back. Before he died,” Mel voice stopped as her voice cracked, “Before he died, Simon said that there’s something that I have to find and I’ll find it there.

“Find something like what?” asked Max.

She shrugs, “Something with info about the chip.” drifting off with her last words I could tell there was something that she was keeping to herself and I made a mental note to ask about it later.

“So it looks like we’re going back to school, awesome.” Says Zayn.

----------------------------

Mel POV

“Are you kidding me?” says Liam.

Walking over to where Niall sat as I sat on the arm of the chair as he wrapped his arm around my waist.  It didn’t matter how crappy I felt or how down I was, being next to Niall made me feel sane, it made me feel safe. With not being with him for the past almost month I needed him close, I needed to know he was there.

“Kidding about what?” says Max.

“About going back to the UNI? You’re seriously going to trust the words of Simon? Simon, the one who turned against you, and tried having you killed?” says Liam.

“He said there something that I need to find, and the only way to find it is to go back home.” I said.

“Again I say you’re going to trust him?” yells Liam.