My Sister

Max POV

"Why wouldn't she? Is the answer to that question." Says Zayn softly.

Leaning against the table with my arms crossed as we looked over to were Perrie, and Jesy stood cleaning up Kevin bloodied nose. We'd moved from the front room to the back interrogation room, so the girls could clean Kevin's nose up.

"Alex wants us to trust her, to give her the chance in being our mother and yet she pulls shit like this knowing I nor Mel will give two shits about her after this." I say.

"You think he was after the files your dad left?"

I shrugged, "I don't know maybe." Looking at the clock that read have past 9 I looked at the hall entrance that Niall walked out of and said, "You think he is calm yet?"

Zayn shakes his head, "Who knows? With a hot head like that I wouldn't put things past him."

Niall had been in the back room for over 15 minutes as I said, "He probably is talking to my sister, she'll calm him down. She always does."

"How are you doing?" asked Zayn as he gives a quick glance over where the girls were.

"How am I doing about what?" I asked.

"About everything? The fact that Alex is here, the box that your dad left, Mel being in another country with Harry and Liam, all of it."

Scratching my head I say, "The whole Alex business is fishy, the stuff my dad left is cryptic bullshit that leads to more unanswered questions that is pissing me off. Melon is a grown up, she has showed me that she can take care of herself, if need be, but I'll be honest I'm passed worried on what in the hell is going on out there. Niall is right about what he said last night, we should've followed them after they left."

Zayn shakes his head, "You shouldn't have. Liam and Harry know our ways they would've spotted you a mile away. It's better that you two stayed." He nods his head towards Kevin, "And it's a good thing that you did or you two would have missed out on our little visitor."

I nod as Jesy picks up the last bloodied cleaning cloths tossing them into a bag to toss in the trash. Sanitizing her hands she looks up at me and smiles.

The smile was warm, and innocent. Her now darken red hair fell off one of her shoulders, that was being covered in one of my workout shirts that I kept here. Turning away from me she walks over to Perrie handing her the bag to dump the items next to her in as I gawked in awe. Never to this day would I imagine me dating while in this life. Like the rest of the guys, meaningless hook ups would get us by, but I always hated that endless disconnect that next morning.

It wasn't until I watched Mel find her happiness with Niall, despite the bullshit with Simon, with this job, and past shit popping up, they always came back to each other where they knew they felt safe with. And when Zayn found Perrie it furthered pushed me to believe that I too deserved a little happiness. To be honest I've always had a thing for Jesy, ever since the first time we met at Nandos when she showed up with the blueprints to the warehouse Melon was taken to. We had exchanged a few messages that was basically, How are you and Mel? Or how was UNI holding up? And once Melon and I flew out to L.A to work that job with the boys and I saw her walk in, I knew that I had to keep this vibrant, funny, beautiful girl around, and it made it even better that she is close to Melon and that Melon already loves her.

"Max," calls Jesy as I looked up automatically.

"Yeah babe?" I say.

Jesy cheeks redden at 'Babe', making my stomach do this weird flipping shit as she says, "I asked do you want me to get Niall?"