Roadtrip

Someone asked for a double update sooooo here ya go!

Chapter 144

Two days out on the road and I already missed sleeping in a bed.

Pulling to a local gas station I parked as I grabbed $120 dollars and headed inside. As I walked to the door I noticed a black escalade pulling up and parking on the other side of the gas station.

“Morning.” Says the cashier.

“Morning.” I smile, “$115 on pump 6 and 2 coffees, please.”

Nodding the cashier rings me up as he pour my coffee.

“Road trip?” he asks.

I nod, “Yeah.”

“That nice.” He smiles as he hands me my coffee and a small bag full of creamers and sugars.

“Have a nice day.” I smile as I take the cups.

“Same to you darling.” He says as I turn and walk out.

Walking back to the car Kevin laid in the passenger seat knocked out. If was about time for our shift change, but I thought I would give him an extra few minutes.

Putting the coffee in the cup holders, I left the driver side door open as I walked to pump the gas.

It was half past 7am and I was exhausted. Looking down at my phone I noted the missed calls that I had from Max and Harry and the worried text messages from Alex. Okay maybe my random up and taking off was unnecessary, but considering what happened I didn’t care, and still partially don’t.  The car shook a bit as I looked up to see Kevin shifting in the front seat. Laying there with his dark hair laying on his forehead and his face scruff from not shaving for a few days, I had to admit he did look cute, laying there sleep and defenseless. Glancing at the gas pump, it was 10 dollars from $115 and I was annoyed. Kevin said that this would be a great way to ride, yet this shit was a gas guzzler. So far within 3 days, if you count the day that we left, we had copped out on almost $400 for gas.

A car door opened and close as I looked up to see a tall guy with short blonde hair getting out the escalade and heading into the gas station. Looking over at me, he stares for a moment as he flashes a smile. Smiling back I put the gas nozzle back on it stand as I walked over to the passenger side of the car. Opening the door I put my hand on Kevin’s chest as I shake him.

“Kevin.” I say.

No answer.

“Kevin!” I say as I shake harder.

Jumping up his hand covers mine as he looks at me, “What’s wrong?”

“It’s your shift.” I say.   

Nodding his raised up, still holding my hand.

“Um,” I say as I look down.

Looking at his hand on mine he says, “Oh sorry.”

Shaking my head I said, “It’s okay.”

Stepping back as he gets out, he steps down and stands in front of me.

“You look like shit.”

“No shit, I’ve been driving for 10 hours.” Laughing I say, “What’s your excuse?”

Shrugging he says, “Far enough.” Placing a hand on my side he kisses my forehead as he says, “Hop in and get some rest.”

I nod as I climb into the hummer, with him grabbing a blanket from the back as he covers me with it as I just look at him.