"This Isn't You."

Chapter 113

Shit was spinning in a shit storm and I had no idea what I should do. I had the boys stay back to settle things and to get everything back calm. Cops started arriving as soon as I got Mel out of there preventing everyone from leaving. Harry couldn’t find the guys that Mel saw and it broke my heart that she had to witness that. Sitting there Mel stared out the window she bounced her legs up and down as he hand shook with nerves. She had been distant and quiet ever since  she found that second note in her pocket. They were so close to her. So close to the point that they were able to plant a note in her pocket. Had it been done while we were together? Or while she was being shoved and pushed by numerous people after the accident? We arrived about an hour ago. I paced back in forth causing my blood to boil as she sat there curled up on the couch. I tried to hold her, tried to be there for her but for the first time since the day that someone tried breaking into our dorm condo, she pushed me away and shocking enough that only upset me more causing me to take a few shots of whiskey.

“What in the hell are we going to do Niall?” ask Max as he and the boys walks in.

“I don’t know.” I say as I walk back and forth.

Walking over to Mel, who had her legs pulled her to chest she stares at an empty spot on the floor as Harry sits next to her and drapes his arm over her, “How are you holding up?”

Mel shakes her head, “Her name was Elena, she was in my English class.” blinking blindly a few times Mel looks up at Harry and says, “Why would he do that? Why kill an innocent person?”

Harry shakes his head as Louis say, “He wanted to make sure you were listening.”

“We already know how huge his dick is, why slap us in the face with it? Making us listen can’t be the only reason.” Says Zayn.

“It wasn’t to make us listen, it was to make sure she listens.” I say as I look up at Mel.

“What does that mean?” ask Max.

“He’s not going after us, he’s making sure she is paying attention.” Balling my fist up around the note in my hand growl, “He’s coming after her.”

“When?” ask Harry as I see his arm tighten around Mel.

I shrugged as I toss the balled up paper at him, “This is all it says.”

Picking up the paper Harry looks at it and then at me as he reads, “You know what’s coming Gumdrop, I suggest you get ready. xxA”

“What in the hell is up with him and this ‘Gumdrop’?” ask Liam.

No one answer him as I grabbed a case of beer, “I need a minute.”

Walking out back I popped open a can and downed the liquid. This was insane. not only had Andy sent guys to a school event to kill a girl, but he also confirmed a fear that I wished would never happened. He was coming after Mel and he had an advantage. The advantage of surprise. Crushing my first can I picked up another as I began to drink that. The door opened as footsteps came my way. Handing a bottle of jack in front of me Harry sits and says, “Thought this would do more justice.”

Looking at him I flash a half smile and take the bottle, “Thanks.”

Popping off the top I tilted the bottle back as I let the brown liquid burn as it went down my throat.

“So this is what’s going to happen now?” he asks.

“What?”

“This drinking thing?”

I looked at him as I stared into the emptiness in front of me as I took another drink, “What drinking thing?”

“Don’t play stupid. Do you honestly think that I haven’t notice you’re increasing amount of alcohol intake?”