"What Jobs?"

Chapter 135

The class all looked up at me confused as I dropped my bag, breathing hard.

“Miss? Can I help you with something.”

I nodded, trying to catch my breath, as I ran a hand through my hair, “Kevin,” deep breaths, “I’m looking for Kevin Bricks.”

“Yo Kevin!” yelled someone who stood in the back covered in sawdust.

There in the back stood Kevin wearing a black trench coat, with goggles. A guy tapped him as he looks up. The guy whispers something in his ear as he looks up and at me. Snatching off his coat, revealing that he only wore a white tank top, that did an amazing job showing off how ripped his body was. He tosses his goggles onto the table in front of him as he made a bee line to me. He looked me up and down as he grabbed my arm. I flinched.

Noticing my flinched he looked over at my shoulder as he looks at his hand to see his own hand red, “What happened?” he asked harshly.

Holding my arm underneath the wound, I shook my head, “Not here.”

Nodding he says, “Stay here.” Wiping his hand on a rag that hung out of his back pocket he turns and walks to the teacher. Speaking to the teacher he nods his head and points my way. I flash a faint smile as the teacher nods. I was so happy that I wore dark clothes today, or I would have gotten a lot of questions and weird stares. Kevin turns grabbing his jacket and bag as he walks to me. Walking in front of me he looked around to make sure things were clear as we walked out.

“What happened?” he asked.

“A friend of Andy’s paid me a visit.” I say.

“Where?” he asked.

“At the library.”

“Where are the guys?”

I shrugged, “Class I guess.”

“Wait you were alone?”

I nod, “Harry and Louis were supposed to meet me after they got out of class.”

“What did the guy want?”

“To check up on me. He wanted to take me for a ride, but I stabbed him with my pen and ran.”

“Stabbing people with pens? Well Kitten aren’t you badass?” 

I smiled.

“You call Niall?”

I nod, “Yeah, but he didn’t answer.”

Kevin stopped and looked at me, “He what?”

“He didn’t answer.”

“Does this happen a lot?”

I shook my head, “Not until recent.” Biting my lip I say, “Not until the auction.” I started back walking.

Kevin followed as he says, “Something isn’t right. Your telling me you called Niall and he didn’t come.”

“I’m telling you I called Niall and he didn’t answer, then he turned his phone off.”
“Do you know where he is?”

“No, and I’m honestly I’m worried.”

“Why?”

“Why?” I asked, “Kevin, not even 5 minutes ago I was getting shot at. How do I know if whoever came after me, sent someone to him?”

Kevin eyes went back to my shoulder, as he reached for me.

I went to pull away from him as I say, “It was a graze.”