3 Months

Chapter 110

Walking out of class my hands shook from nerves as I made my way to my car. Climbing in the car into Casper I check the time.

12:39pm

I had about 20 minutes to meet Jay, and an hour before Niall and the boys finished up there planning for the Welcome back party. Starting my ignition I put my car in reverse as I pulled out of my parking stall. Driving off campus my mind was everywhere. Was this a good idea? Should I have told Niall? What was for lunch? Driving onto the freeway I drummed my thumb against the steering wheel as my phone begins to ring playing that song by Ariana Grande ‘Tattooed Heart’

Picking up the phone instantly I say, “Hey you.”

“Hey, where are you?” asked Niall.

“What do you mean?”  I ask as I turn onto another lane.

“Nicole said you took off after class. I thought I’d walk you before meeting the boys.”

“I don’t have class at 1 today, that’s tomorrow.”

“Yeah, remember I told you that I was switching classes and that they were on Wednesday’s and Friday’s?”

“Then what’s today?”

“Tuesday silly.”

“Oh yeah.” He says as he laughs, “You still didn’t answer my question though.”

“What question?”

“Where are you?”

Turning off the freeway I said, “Oh yeah, I had to run an errand. I’ll be back in a bit.”

“You still coming to help plan later?”

“Of course.”

“Alright.” Says Niall as someone calls his name in the back, “Alright Princess I got to jet, see you in a bit I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said as the phone clicked.

My stomach drop as I leaned my head against my hand. I hated lying to Niall, but if I would have told him where I was going he would have locked me up somewhere for being crazy enough to do so and with him being so happy over the past few weeks that we have been back I didn’t want to upset him.

I’ll tell him later I thought to myself as I drove up to the address Jay had text me before I left class. Getting out my car I locked it as I walked inside. Looking around I took in the place. It looked like a gift shop, but much bigger than the ones inside the hospital. Walking over I picked up a snow globe as I hear a door open and close.

“Where’s the workers?” I ask not turning around.

“I paid them to leave for 20 minutes.” says who I recognized was Jay’s voice.

“Well look at you, paying people to leave to give you a few minutes to talk.” I say as I turn around to face him, “How very generous of you.”

Looking as ruggish as always Jay steps towards me and says, “How have you been?”

Sitting the snow globe down I say, “I didn’t come here to talk about ‘How have you been? Or How are you doing?’ you told me I had to meet you, mind telling me what you want or what you want to talk about?”

Jay shifted on his feet as he runs a hand through his hair, “It’s complicated.”

“Then why don’t you uncomplicated it and just tell me what you want, more importantly why don’t you tell me who is coming after Niall so I can stop it.”