"Let's Take A Ride" (Dark) (Long)

Chapter 111

Niall POV

Walking out of my class I made my way to Mel’s class as I waited out front. Looking at my clock it chimed on 2:30 as her class door opened. Out filed out students as I leaned against Katy. Plans were going as schedule for the welcome back party tomorrow and with how much time and effort Mel was putting into the planning I figured that she needed a little break. Looking up I placed my hands in my pocket as I looked at the door. Walking out with a few other girls, one of the girls smiles as she points in my direction. Digging through her bag Mel looks up and pushes her glasses back up on her nose and looks at me. The side of my mouth curved up as she said her goodbyes and made her way to me. Wearing shorts and one of my sweaters she smiles, “Hey I thought you were held up with frat stuff?”

I shook my head, “Nah Harry said that he could cover for me to come get you.”

“That was nice of him.”

“Yeah it was.” Hooking my fingers into the loops on her shorts I pulled her in-between my legs as I say, “You know I really love this nerd look on you.”

“Oh hush it.” she says as she goes to pull off her glasses. Reaching in her bag she puts them inside her case and returns it back into her bag. “So what’s the plan?”

“Well baby girl, me and you are going for a ride.”

“Where?”

Standing straight I took her hand as I walked her to the passenger side and opened her door, “That Princess is a mystery.”

Closing my door I walked over to the driver side as I got in.

“The last time we went on a ride you took me to my adoptive mom’s grave.”

Starting the ignition I placed a hand on her leg as I say, “Don’t worry we aren’t visiting the dead today. Actually we aren’t visiting anybody.”

“Then where are we going?”

“You’ll just have to wait and see.” I say.

Pulling out of the driveway I head down the road and drive towards the freeway. Mel sits there telling me about different ideas she was thinking for the placements of the rides and I smiled as I listened. I always thought that it was cute when Mel got excited about something that she was doing whether it was for fun or for school. There was always a glimmer in her eyes that would sparkle every time she thought of a new idea. It has been a while since that we were able to just take a ride for the hell of it and I wasn’t going to pass up on this opportunity.

“So you want to put the bummer cars near the swing ride?” I asked as I turned off a main road.

“Yes! You know by where that huge empty patch is by the small shed? I was thinking that would be awesome considering the Ferris wheel will be near race track.” She explains.

“Sounds good to me.” I smile, “Did the guys plan on what foods where going to be there?”

She nods, “The basic carnie foods, hot dog on a stick, cotton candy, pretzels, etc. But also they were going to put like 3 or 4 stands up for alcohol.”

“How many kids are in our school?”

“Over a thousand.”

“We’re going to need more drinks.” I say as I make a turn.

“Want me to call Harry?” she ask as she pulls her phone out of her bag.

“No,” I say as I reach over and take her phone.

“Hey!” she says.

“No phone,” I say as I reach over her and toss her and my phone into the glove box. “No books, no planning for tomorrow.” I say as I toss her bag and notebook in the backseat. “We have about 4 hours till we have to be back and I’m going to make every minute count.”