IOU

Chapter 119

The drive back to the house was quiet. Niall didn’t speak, and Harry messed with his phone. Niall hadn’t really looked at me or said anything to me after I made the comment about Kevin referring him to as ‘the cute dirty boy’. If he was upset with me because of that it made him stupid to think that it meant something. So keeping to myself I stared out the window looking at the houses that we passed by. Louis called and said that we all needed to talk which gave Alexandra her opportunity to politely tell us that we needed to come back another time. Which pissed Niall off because he didn’t get to question Kevin. The other boys were glad to leave, especially Max. I on the other hand was over it.

Pulling up to the house we got out and walked around back to a shed. Walking inside I noticed that the shed was covered wall to wall with guns and monitors.

“Just how many guns do you guys own?” I asked as I flopped down on the couch.

“Way too many to count love.” Says Louis as he turns around in his chair. Looking at all of us he says, “You all look like shit. Meeting Mommy dearest didn’t go well?”

“Let’s avoid that topic.” Says Harry.

“That bad?” he asks.

“Depends on what you call bad?” says Max.

“Short version?”

“Alexandra has 2 kids, Mel and Max were used in some kind of science crap and oh yeah she has had some guy tailing Max and Mel for her.”

“Is he still alive?” asked Zayn as he walks up and looks at Niall.

“For now. You called right before Niall had the chance to do anything.”

Walking to the back, I watched as Niall sat his gun on the table.

“Louis I need you to do a search for me.” says Niall.

“Name?”

“Kevin Bricks.”

“Is that necessary?” I asked.

Niall ignored me, “I want you to find everything you can about him. it can be a parking ticket for all I care.”

“You don’t trust him?” ask Liam.

“I don’t trust him nor do I trust Alexandra. If she knew her kids were in danger than why didn’t she say something before.”

“Maybe she was keeping her distant to make sure they were safe.”

“I call bullshit!” yells Max from the other room.

“What makes you not trust Kevin?” ask Harry.

“I don’t know it’s just something about him, something that makes me question him.” says Niall as he walks next to Louis.

“Like what?” says Louis.

“For starters if he was tailing the twins then he was there was around when Mel was taken and didn’t do a damn thing to help.”

“Maybe he was sent to just watch her not to intervene.” Says Zayn.

“Then why now? Why after all these years has he decided to come back and make an appearance to Mel at school?” says Max.

I didn’t feel like hearing any of this anymore, so coming up with an idea I stood up I grabbing the keys to the truck Niall was just driving as I headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” asked Niall.

“Well since you’re being a jerk right now, I’m going to get something to eat.”