Arguments (Long)

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Consequences ! Today marks exactly 1 Year that I started writing this story! I just can't believe it. I never thought this would have kept going on for so long! So thank you to everybody who reads I love you and the support you give. I'll keep on writing until you say ENOUGH, xD So I might update twice today, that is if I finish my homework eariler (UGH UNI work >_<) but anyways thanks again!

Chapter 130

“Kat can you bring me the papers off the table!” I yelled as I sat on the living room floor of Alex’s house.

Laying out all the plans for the auction I spreading everything out in categories, going in order from what was going first, to what was going last.

“Here yours papers.” Says Katherine as she walks into the living.

Taking the papers I say, “Thank you.”

Kneeling down next to me she says, “This looks complicated.”

“It really isn’t.”

“Then why do you look like your about to go crazy?”

I smiled as I sat back and took a deep breath, leaning against the couch I said, “Because I have a brother who tends to throw things on me last minute.” Looking over her I say, “Well we have a brother who likes to do that.”

She nods as she leans against the couch with me. Relaxing for a minute I let my eyes flutter close while I thought about the finishing touches that needed to be done.

“Melissa?”

“Hmm?” I say with my eyes still close.

“What is it like to be raised without parent’s?”

I opened my eyes as I turned to look at her, “Why do you ask?”

She shrugs, “I don’t know. I’m just curious on how you got to where you are today with no parents around?”

“Um,” I say as I pull myself up to a sitting position, “It was different, it was hard and still is. Max’s adopted mom, our aunt, took me in after my dad and mom died. She kept me until she died when we were in 10th grade.”

“How did she die?”

“Car crash.” I say.

She nods as she looks at me, like she was waiting for me to say more.

“After she died," I continued, "Our aunt from Miami came down and helped us get everything financial settled with, month allowances, and a place to live, then she went back to Miami.”

“Why didn’t she keep you?”

“Well she had her own stuff to deal with back in Miami, and to be honest me and Max really didn’t want to stay with her, but we made an attempt to visit on major holidays, and during the Summer.”

“So you two lived on your own since 10th grade?”

I nodded, “Yeah, well, we had this lady who lived next door to us who made sure we stayed in line, made sure we went to school, and she came to school things to show ‘family support’.”

“Aww.” She smiled, “That was sweet of her. What happened to her?”

“Last I heard she moved back to where her family started from, I think Texas.”

“Well at least you had your brother with you.”

“Yeah,” I laugh, “It’s funny considering I didn’t find out that we were blood related till last year.”