Worried

Chapter 137

Walking up this morning my thigh felt sore and sure enough there was a faint bruise.

After locking myself in the room last night, Niall banged at the door for about an hour afterwards before I heard the front door open and close. Last night was the first night I’ve seen him that pissed drunk. Well not really, but it was the first time he did get rough with me and it was the sexy  kind of rough either. Getting up I went and jumped in the shower as I threw on a pair of leggings and a oversize sweater. The only class I had today was English, and I really didn’t need to attend consider it was just going to be time to study and I could study at home. So grabbing my bag I went and headed over to Alex’s.

“Melissa.” She smiles as she opens the door.

“Hey.” I say as she steps back allowing me to come in.

“I didn’t know you were coming.” She says as she closes the door.

“Yeah I know. I didn’t have class today so I figured that I would come and pick up Kat to grab lunch or something.”

“She’s just went with Robert to grab some supplies for a project for school. She should be back in a bit.” Motioning me to follow she says, “Can I get you something to drink?”

“Vodka tonic on rocks?”

Alex looks at me as I laugh, “Orange juice is fine.”

She nods, “So how is school going?”

“It’s going.” I say.

“And your dance thing?”

“That’s going pretty good. I would have never guessed that Kevin could dance.”

“Yeah, Kevin does seem to surprise people.” She says as she hands me my orange juice.

“Thanks.” I smile as I take a sip. “So how does it feel being state side?”

“It’s different, but I kind of missed it here.”

“Then why did you leave?”

Looking at me she looks down as I say, “Right, you did it to protect me and Max.”

“Melissa I-,”

I shake my head, “Not today, maybe another day.”

Alex nods as her phone rings, “Excuse me.”

I nod as she walks off. Laying my head on the table I sat there for a minute when my phone rings. Answering it on the second ring I say, “Hello?”

“Where in the hell are you?” ask Perrie.

“At Alex’s.”

“Are you busy?”

“Far from it.”

“Then come over!” she yells.

“Alright, here I come.” I say as I hang up the phone. Finishing my juice I went and washed out my cup as I walked down the hall Alex went. Standing in the office with her door closed, she was still on the phone so instead of disturbing her I left a note,

Hey gotta jet. I’ll come back later, and tell Kat I came by to get her and to call me. Call you later xMel.

Grabbing my keys I headed out the house and headed to the girls.

------------- 

The drive was about 20 minutes and before I could even walk in Jesy stops me as she says, “OMG are you okay?”