Uncle Vin

Chapter 145

Sitting in the car I messed with my bracelet as Kevin drove. We we’re now about a few hours away from LA and I was getting anxious. As I blindly mess with the mini tassels on the end of the dream catcher that hung on one of the charms I bounced my leg up and down unable to stay still.

“What’s the story behind that thing?”

I turned to look at Kevin and for a moment I had a flash back to when Niall asked me the same thing last year.

“Um, my dad gave it to me.”

Kevin nods as he says, “Does it hold a story?”

I nod as I shift and crossed my legs, “Yeah, um a month before he died I had terrible nightmare and I when I would have them my dad would put a dream catcher above my bed and say, ‘This is to keep my little angel safe, and if it doesn’t work know that I will be there to kick whatever was scaring you, ass.’”

He smiles, “You too were close, huh?”

“Other than Max, he was my world, as long as I had the both of them I was okay.”

Kevin nods as he looks at the clock on the radio, “Speaking of, time to check in with your bro.”

Looking at the clock I pulled out my phone and called Max.

“Melon?” he says on the second ring.

“Calling to check in.” I say as I look out the window.

“You’re okay?”

“I’m as okay as I was 5 hours ago.” I say, “How’s your break going?”

“It’s going,” he says, “Nothing much, a few jobs here and there, but I know you’re asking about Niall aren’t you?”

Glancing over at Kevin who was drumming his thumb on the steering wheel as he hums to some song playing I say, “Yeah, maybe.”

“If it’s any constellation he feels like shit.” Says Max.

Taking a deep breath I say, “Max I didn’t want him to feel like shit,” I pause, “Okay well maybe I do, but he asked for it.”

“I know, once I seen the video,” he pauses, “Let’s just say Liam and Zayn had to stop me from kicking his ass.”

I smiled, “I can only imagine.”

“So when are you coming to come back?”

Looking out the window I say, “Things here need to be handled, and it could take a couple days.”

“You said you would be here by the end of the week.”

“I know, but,”

“No buts, either you get here or I find you. One way or another you will be in my sight, in person, by the end of this week.”

I nod even though he couldn’t see me, “Okay.”

“Okay. Call me later?”

“Will do.” I smile.

“I love you.”

“I love you too Maxwell.”

Hanging up the phone I closed my eyes as he says, “You okay?”

I nod, “Peachy, I just need a nap.”

Then take one, “I’ll stop at a motel so we can change, and for you to call your dad’s friend.”

I nod as I lean against the window and try to go to sleep.

---------- 

3 hours later I woke up to being laid down in a bed. Jumping up I went to swing as hands wrapped around my fist and Kevin says, “Easy! It’s just me.”