Abandoned (Long)

Chapter 118

“My name is Max and this is Melissa. And those are a few friends of ours.” Alexandra looks between me and Max again not saying anything. We stood there for a moment when she finally says, “What are you doing here?”

“We need to talk.” Says Max with a serious tone.

Alexandra looks behind us then down as she pushes her hair behind her ear, “How bad?”

“Why don’t we sit down and talk.” Says Max.

Looking up at him she pushes the door back and says, “Please come in.”

Giving her a polite smile Max looks back motioning for the boys to follow. Stepping up first Niall took my hand as he runs his thumb over my cheek. I smiled at him as we followed Max inside.

The house was huge but nothing compared to the places that me and the boys stayed at while we were on our runs. Following Alexandra to the living room she motioned us to the oversized couch across from the chair she sat in. A photo behind where she sat caught my eyes, it was of her and two girls. I knew for sure one of the girls was the girl who answered the door, Katherine, but I couldn’t figure out who the other one was. She looked about the same height as Alexandra but she looked older, older than me. Sitting down I stared at her amazed that I was actually sitting in front of my mother My Real Mother. Her hair was as long as mine in length, she was about an inch taller than me, and her eyes were a bluish green that resembled Max’s.

“Damn that is her mother.” I hear Liam whisper as we all sat.

“You have no idea how crazy it is to finally meet you.” she starts off.

“Well it’s nice to finally have a face behind the person who gave birth to us.” Says Max. Max kept his cool, but I could tell by the way he moved his thumb back in forth on his pants that he was irritated and wanted to leave.

“How old is Katherine?” I asked.

“17 why?”

I shook my head, “No reason.”

Alexandra looked between us both as she says, “So, what you came to talk to me about. Does this have anything to do with your father?”

“Yes.” Says Max.

Looking over to me she says, “You two look so much like David.”

“David?” asked Harry.

“Our father.” Says Max.

“How have you two been? I imagine a lot has happened over the past few years, especially for you Melissa.”

I stared at her. For her to say my name was foreign, like she didn’t trust herself to say it, “Yeah the past few years have been difficult.”

“No thanks to you.” I heard Max mumble.

Alexandra looks at him as I nudge him with my leg.

“We need to ask you a few questions first if you don’t mind.” Says Niall causing Alexandra to look at him and not Max.

Alexandra looks at Niall, “I’m sorry but who are you?”

“I’m Niall, Niall Horan and these are my friends. Liam Payne and Harry Styles.”

The boys nod their head in respect as Alexandra says, “So your Niall Horan?”

“Yes I am.”

“Niall Horan,” she says as she stands, “The lad who was pulled into this business at a young age, who is the leader of his own crew and has a record that sets itself back them most people in the Elite dare to have?”