Daddy Dearest

"No." was the first thing out of me and Max's mouth.

"No?" my father says as if he didn't understand us.

"Did you not understand her when she says, that it makes her sick?" asked Max, "I don't like seeing her go through it out of spite of someone else, but to do it deliberately, that's fucking insane."

"It's a test that needs to be done. For me to understand, since you two are now older, what extent has the experiment progressed too."

"Don't get me wrong," says Liam as he sits on the edge of the couch next to Leigh-Anne, "You haven't seen your kids since they were about 10, and the first thing that you do when you are finally in the same room with them, damn there 11 years later, you ask then to agree to do a damn testing?" Liam scuffs, "Yeah that will earn you a father of the year award next year."

"The testing is not done for both, just Melissa."

"Wait, what?" me and Max say at the same time.

Dad sighs as he says, "With Max heart problems, I can't risk him having a setback."

"My heart is fine." Says Max.

Dad shakes his head, "It's not, and I can't risk something happening to you."

"But you can risk knocking Melissa out for damn there give or take 2 to 3 days?" asked Harry.

As they tried to figure out why Dad wanted to do the testing I realized that Niall was overly quiet as he stood off to the side pouring a drink. Just as I went to call to him Louis walks up and says, "Melissa isn't allergic to the serum that she gets injected to. Her body is fighting against it, which is why it makes you ill."

Everyone looks up at him as he walks over and sits a folder onto the table.

"My body is what?" I asked looking up at him.

"The experiment that was done to you and Max was set to alter your immune system. It was supposed to, help you fight off injections or drugs given to you."

"If we couldn't get drugged, we could still fight, making us," Max looks up at me, "The perfect weapon."

"Well I'm so sorry to burst your button, Mr. Edward," says Jesy.

"David," Dad smiles, "Just call me David."

She nods, "David, I think that the whole making a perfect weapon failed don't you think?"

"Jesy, right?" Dad asks as he talks a step her direction, "You were the one who aided her when she was with Mr. Devine, yes?"

She nods, the look of fright covered her eyes, as I noticed that Max was standing bold and ready to stick up for Jesy, if Dad said the wrong thing.

"How was Melissa when she was given the medication given?"

Jesy looks from Max, to me. We had never talked about the extent of my stay with Andy and Josh, and I had mad Jesy promise to never bring it up, because even though I gave Niall the main key points, I never mentioned the headliners.

Dad called to Jesy, repeating his question as she kept her eyes on me. Nodding I looked down as I fidgeted with my cuff.

"I wasn't brought in till about a week or so after the fact and that was because she wasn't letting the guys change her while she was passed out."

Images of the warehouse began to cloud my head as I sighed and walked to the window as Jesy continued.

"But I was informed that when she was first bought there she was inject with a low dose of a mixture of a tranquiller that they had made up. My first few days with her, they gave it to her around the clock, but with each inject came with a form or," even though I was staring out the window watching the rain, I could feel Jesy eyes on me as she says, "Discipline."