Key Point

Chapter 162

Niall POV 

Waking up this morning, the smile on my face couldn’t have been any bigger. The sun was bright and shinning, even though I had the blinds closed and next to me slept my other half, my world, my Princess. I’ll admit, that after we sat up talking, and catching up with things that we didn’t talk about when we were broken up, I stayed up a little longer, just holding her to me, taking in how her body felt perfectly next to mine. Pushing her hair out of her face she begins to fidget a bit as she turns over, nuzzling her head against my shoulder.

“Morning.” I whisper against her ear as I kissed her.

She hums pulling at the covers as she moves again, “Morning.”

Pulling back so I could see her face I smiled as she looks up at me, “What time is it?”

Looking at the clock that hung over our dresser I say, “A little after 8.”

Groaning she rubs her eyes, “I need to get dressed.”

“What time do you have to be at the dean’s office to speak to the headmistress?”

“10.”

“Well you have about an hour to spare. Just stay here.”

“I can’t be late.” She says, “You know how picky the dean is about people being late.”

I nod as I say, “I honestly don’t know why you’re going, you know that you’re on track to graduate, if you want to this year.”

She nods, “I know, I just want to be completely sure.”

I nod, “I understand.” Shifting my weight, so she was under me and I was over her, I kissed the spot right below her ear as I say, “You still have time before you have to get dressed.”

Mel smiles as she looks up at me and says, “I do, don’t I?”

Smiling she raises her head a bit as she kisses me. My eyes closed just as she makes contact with mine and at the moment everything faded. I hated that she made me feel like this, all vulnerable and shit, but if it had to be any girl that made me feel like this, I’m glad that it’s her.

The kiss started off slow, at first, but the longer we kissed the more intense it became. Propping myself up with one arm I let my hand slide down her side as I stopped at the hem of her shirt. Moaning into the kiss, I smiled as I went to pull her shirt up, but stopped as she places her hand on top of mine. Pulling away she looks up at me and for a second I saw hesitation.

“You okay?” I asked.

She nods as she says breathless, “Yeah.”

“You don’t look like it.” Pulling my hand back I say, “Am I rushing things?”

“No, trust me I want this.” She says, “It’s just,”

She stops midsentence and I instantly know why she’s hesitating. Moving from on top of her I laid next to her.

“It’s not your fault.” She says quickly.

“It is.” I shake my head, “If I hadn’t have got drunk that night and pushed myself on to you,” I shake my head instantly disgusted with myself as I stand from the bed.

“Niall.” She calls.

“I’m going to get a drink of water.” Was all I say as I opened the door and walked out the room.

------------------------- 

Mel POV

It’s been over 10 minutes and Niall still hadn’t come back to the room. Standing I grabbed a hair tie from the dresser as I pull my hair into a messy ponytail. Fixing my tshirt and boxer shorts that I wore, I opened the door and headed to the kitchen. There standing in the kitchen, Niall leaned against the counter with his back to me, and his arms crossed.