Moments

Chapter 120

As soon as the car stopped I jumped out.

“Mel!” called Niall as I stopped, “I told you to stay in the car.”

“Yeah but Max,” I said turning towards the house.

The front door opened as I held my breath. Harry and Niall was out the car in seconds, with Harry pushing me behind him. The door opened half way as something snapped and the door fell forward.

Max stepped out looking like he just got done, cutting wood, he was covered in sawdust.

“Maxwell!” I yelled as I pushed past Harry and ran straight for the door.

Max looked up and said, “Mel!”

Meeting me half way I threw my arms around his waist as I held him tight.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

I nod, “Are you?”

“Never been better.” He says as he looks behind me.

“What happened?” asked Niall as he walks up.

Stepping back from him I watched as his eyes darken, and his jaw clenched, “Andy guys paid a visit.” He says as he turns walking back into the house. “Me and Liam were just starting to put up the equipment when Liam noticed there was a car watching us from the streets. So he came inside to get Alexandra out and next thing you know a car swoops up and opens fire.” Raising up the sleeve of his shirt he exposes a bullet wound. Max noticed the terrified look on my face as he quickly says, “It’s not serious, Liam pulled the bullet out so I’m good.”

“You still need get that cleaned up.” says Harry.

“I know, it’s the first thing that I’ll do when we get back to the house.” says Max.

“So Liam’s okay?” I asked as we turned into the kitchen.

“I’m perfect. Can’t say the same about Alexandra’s car.” says Liam as he nods towards the dining room.

The kitchen was a mess glass shattered, window’s broken, it was like the shooters made their way into the house and didn’t stop. Looking through the door way to the dining room Alexandra sat drinking shots after shots as a guilty feeling settled in my stomach. A hand stopped at the bottom of my back making me shiver.

“Go see how she is.” whispers Niall as he leans down to my ear.

“What if she doesn’t wants to talk to me. I mean all of this,” I motioned around to the destroyed kitchen, “It wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t come.”

“No, it would have happened whether you came or not.” Turning me to him he says, “You coming and us being here, is the reason that she is alive.”

I went to shake my head when I hear somebody yell, “Mom!”

Looking at Niall he shrugs as he looks up at Liam and Max.

“Her daughters went to the store a little while before it happened.” Says Liam.

“Great, now we have to deal with the daughters.” Says Harry.

Niall looked at me as two girls run into the kitchen. I noticed Katherine automatically as I took in the other girl. She was about my height, her brunette hair stopped past her shoulder, unlike mine or Alexandra’s and he eyes were brown opposed from Alexandra’s, so I assumed she got them from her father.

“Who in the hell are you?” she asked.

“There the people who came by earlier.” Says Katherine.