Summer 2013

Hello! My name is Park Eunji. I'm a freelance makeup and hair stylist from Daegu. I am 21 (Korean age) and I've been hired by Big Hit Entertainment to create looks for a new group ready to debut, Bulletproof Boy Scouts or BTS. I came to the building to meet with the leader, Kim Namjoon. I was directed to the office area. Why would he meet me here? I sat at a table and waited. Then I heard footsteps headed my direction. What came around the corner was a tall guy with shaggy hair and glasses without lenses.

His face looks squishy, but I could tell that he has a wild side to him because his shoes added a pop of color to his all black clothing

His face looks squishy, but I could tell that he has a wild side to him because his shoes added a pop of color to his all black clothing. I stood up and bowed, "Hello. I'm Park Eunji. Nice to meet you."

He bowed in return and smiled at me, "I'm Kim Namjoon."

The first thing I notice is he has dimples, which makes him more adorable, but I have to remain professional, "You're the leader of BTS?"

He finally sat down and took his glasses off, "Yes and the song we're debuting with is one I wrote called 'No More Dream'."

I was curious about this, "What is it about?"

"When I was in school, I had no dreams, none whatsoever. Would you like to listen to it?" Namjoon asked.

"Sure," I nodded. He pulled out his phone and played the song. As soon as the first note played, I had a feeling I was in for a ride.

(For Eunji, it'll just be an audio file. She doesn't know what anyone looks like yet.)
I couldn't shake the feeling that one of them sounded familiar.

When the song ended, I was smiling. Namjoon asked, "You enjoy it?"

"It was great. It's definitely different from what I'm hearing these days. Now, about the image for the music video. What is happening?" I asked.

Namjoon explained the whole vision of the video. I was already getting ideas on how to do everyone's hair and makeup, but I needed to see faces, so I asked, "Do you have pictures of everyone?"

He nodded and showed me pictures on his phone, "This is Kim Taehyung a.k.a V. He's...a unique character, but he's a good guy."

"