The Return of the Ex

Minho-oppa came with me to buy groceries. I said, "You didn't have to join me, you know."

He smiled, "Anything for a friend, plus I wasn't busy."

I chuckled, then we walked inside the market. I was searching through the produce when I heard a voice I was hoping to forget, "Eunji-ah?"

Kim Jong-min, my ex-boyfriend, was near me. I turned around and said, "Jong-min."

He chuckled, "You don't have to be so cold."

I scoffed, "What do you want?"

"Would you believe me if I said I wanted to see how you were doing?" he asked.

"No. I find it hard to believe anything you tell me now," I replied, leaving with the produce I picked up. Minho-oppa was nearby watching, thankfully.

"Eunji-ah, I'm sorry. It was a moment of weakness that night," he told me.

I turned around to face him, "A moment of weakness? That's funny. You sounded like your true self when you were with that stripper."

"Burlesque dancer," he corrected me.

I gave him a dry laugh, "You even know her real profession. You've seen her more than once."

As I was walking away, he said while circling his hand around my left wrist, "Jagiya-"

I pulled my wrist away and cut him off before he could finish, "You lost the right to call me that the moment you slept with the burlesque dancer in our bed. Now, I highly suggest you leave me alone or I call the authorities saying that you're a public disturbance."

He was about to say something else, but then Minho-oppa stepped in, ready to fight. He then walked away. Minho-oppa said, "I almost punched him for a moment there."

I nodded, "I'll admit it, I didn't expect him to actually try in person."

"You mean he's tried to win you back before?" he asked.

"Yeah, for at least two months after I broke up with him. It's been three years since then," I explained.

I gathered the rest of the groceries with Minho-oppa, then we made it back to my place, then Mi Ho-unni helped me put them away. I explained to her what happened, then she said, "So, the man who cheated on you with a burlesque dancer decides to pop back into your life like he did nothing wrong?"

"That's the gist of it, yeah," I replied.

"Where does he live? I'll take him out myself!" she exclaimed.

I shook my head, "There's no need for all that. Minho-oppa was with me to make sure he didn't try anything."

She let out a deep breath, "At least it was him and not me. You would've had to bail me out of jail."

I laughed and hugged her, "Where would I be without you?"

Then my phone rang. It's Yoongi. Of course, Minho-oppa told him. I answered, "Hello?"

"He shows up three years after you leave him?" It was evident that he was upset.

I nodded, "Yes, he showed up,"

"Where are you now?" he asked.

"I'm at home. Why-" he hung up before I could finish the question.

" Yoongi is on the way." I told Mi Ho-unni.

"And this is the part where I retreat to my room and not eavesdrop on that conversation," she told me, even though I knew her true intentions. Ten minutes later, there was knocking on the door. I also heard Jin-oppa trying to reason with Yoongi. I open the door and the first thing Yoongi does is pull me in a tight hug.

Jin-oppa, clearly out of breath, said, "I tried to hold him. Sorry, Eunji."

I shook my head trying to reassure him that it's not his fault, then Mi Ho-unni came out of her room and said, "Come on, Oppa. You need to sit down and drink some water."

She prepared a glass of water and moved him to her bedroom. Once the door closed, Yoongi asked, "Where?"

"Huh?" I replied, confused.

"Where did he touch you?" he asked, loosening the hug.

"All he touched was my left wrist. Minho-oppa made him walk away before he could do anything else. He didn't hurt me, if that's what you're worried about," I explained.

He stopped hugging me, lifted my left wrist to his lips and began kissing the inside of it. I feel my heart race from the action. He said, "I should've been there."

I shook my head, "You were busy."

He kissed my forehead and said, "I would've made an example of him."

I looked at him, "And have you risk your career? No way. You're not ruining your career for me. I won't allow it."

He looked me in the eye, "I love you, Eunji-ah."

I smiled, "I love you, too."

He pulled into a kiss.

MI HO'S POV:

I smiled at what I heard, then said, "I'm glad he's opening up more. Right, Oppa?"

Jin-oppa was still trying to catch his breath, "Normally, he hates running, but as soon as he got that call from Minho-hyung and called Eunji later, he just bolted out of the building."

He drank the glass of water slowly and I smiled, "Based on what Eunji told me, I don't blame him for rushing over here."

EUNJI'S POV:

We sat down at the desk of my bedroom. I let Yoongi look at all the drawings in my sketchbook and said, "I'm surprised you don't make money off of these."

I shook my head, "The life of an artist can be quite lonely. A hair stylist and makeup artist, though, I'm surrounded by amazing people."

Yoongi nodded, then looked down, "I still believe I should've been with you today."

"Yoongi, you had an album to finish with Namjoon. Speaking of which, you didn't leave in the middle of a session, did you?" I asked.

He chuckled, "No, we were finished when Minho-hyung called me."

I looked at him, "I only imagine your first reaction when you were told."

"Jin-hyung managed to calm me down a little before I ran over here," he told me.

I laughed, "But he still couldn't keep you from running."

He held my hands, "Nothing short of a supernatural coincidence could keep me away from you."

I kissed his lips, then we just stayed like this for a bit.

And that's the chapter! Hello, everyone! I pray you're doing well and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Also, check out my AMBW imagine series. I'm open for requests.