It All Started With A Genji...

Hey guys! Second part here. Thanks for all the votes on the previous part and please enjoy this one. Don't forget to leave a vote and comment, loves! :*

A swift, sharp whistle sliced through the air before it halted with a heavy thud. The violent sound was something you, a simple servant girl, have grown accustomed to, having worked within the walls of the Shimada castle ever since you were a young teenager. It was of no alarm, and you resumed your work without a care in the world.

Lord Hanzo must be training down in the courtyard. Just like always.

With every circle on the ground, the rag under your grip grew filthy and soiled. Good thing you were at the end of the hall, otherwise it would mean another round of rinsing and wringing for the tattered fabric, and you weren't sure your reddened hands could handle that.

Clipped clicks on the wooden floor caught your engrossed mind, and you lifted your head despite the protests of your sore neck. Through the wispy strands of hair swaying in front of your face, you saw the geta of the head of staff, Shuri Nakagawa, coming your way in quick, steady steps.

She paused in front of you, and out of respect, you scrambled to get up on your bare feet, and bowed slightly.

"Nakagawa-san," you revered, "I am almost done with my duties."

She smiled, her ripe features wrinkling with delight. "I know you always get the job done, (Y/N)-chan. You've more than earned my trust. Now go, the Shimada family will have breakfast in half an hour. Everything should be perfect by then."

Shuri paused to smooth the creases that have formed on her obi. You grinned in return, for you knew of the woman's meticulous behavior. Most Japanese women in this modern period didn't even wear kimonos save for special occasions. However, Shuri's head remained in the past, back when Sojiro's father ruled the clan. He wanted everything to stick to tradition, the Japanese culture; when he passed and his son took over, everything loosened and the staff had more freedom. But the woman stayed loyal, even in his absence, and retained his conventional legacy after all this time.

You found it heartwarming.

With a nod of respect, the old lady spun a heel and left to do her daily rounds of checking the work of those under her wing. You watched as she swerved a sharp corner and vanished from sight; only then were you able to slacken your sore, rigid posture.

"All done," you sighed heavily. You picked up the wooden pail and placed the dirty rag over its brim before turning to face the opposite direction. "Now all that's left to do is-"

Thump!

You landed on your butt with a crushing impact. You couldn't help wincing and cursing as the pain intensified by the second. Before you caught yourself, you glared up at the nincompoop who failed to watch where they were going, ready to give them an ugly peice of your mind.

"Hey! What's the-"

Your brows furrowed even deeper as you recognized the young man standing before you in his dark blue duckie boxers; he even had the audacity to wear a smug grin on his drowsy face.

"Lord Genji!" You scolded, an immediate reaction to seeing his face.

"Come on, (Y/N)," he said, taking off an earphone bud. "We've been through this. 'Lord Genji' makes me sound like an old man. Just call my name: It rolls off the tongue more smoothly."