A Deal With the Devil

How are y'all doin'? Sorry for the wait! My McHanzo book shall be updated soon. Peace!

Ok, enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment, loves! :*

"It was no ordinary fever, my lord."

No shit...

Hanzo's face scrunched up into mock incredulity, then his lips bore an ugly frown that warned the nurse what a foolery she had just made of herself. It wasn't really of much help having someone tell you what you already knew, and it irritated the man all the more, knowing very well the state of condition you were in. His face reddened, and he tried keeping his temper and volume in check as to not disturb you, having gone back to sleep as he had insisted you do.

"I know that much." He clenched his back teeth, tensing his shut jaw. "Now tell me why she became that way--I have been away for two hours and I expected a decent answer."

"W-Well-" the young woman picked up on the red air of vexation building within the insides of her superior and she bit her lip, having no intention of popping his fragile balloon of patience. "Even the doctor couldn't figure out what happened to her, so we...we decided to let the scientists have a go checking her condition."

"The scientists?" Hanzo's brow furrowed even more, and he found that his volume was proving itself to be difficult to keep in line. "What do you think of my beloved, a guinea pig?" All the displeasure that failed to spill out through screams instead took the form of vibrant red blotches that discolored his face.

"I'm sorry, Lord Hanzo, but we couldn't really find anything wrong with her other than it being a fever," she replied. "But the scientists department were a-able to come up with a diagnosis."

"Well what illness does she have?" There was still venom dripping from his voice, but his concern for your sake calmed his tone down a little bit.

"I think it would be better if I took over this conversation," Elder Shintaro's voice shot from the nurse's back and she shuddered with surprise, chills tingling down the length of her spine. "You may take your leave now, nurse."

The young woman didn't need any repetitions.

"Uncle," Hanzo regarded after the nurse skittered away to another part of the room, "what are you doing here?"

"I was with the scientists when they performed the tests on (Y/N)," he answered. "I merely supervised while they did their work. I also supplied them with our background knowledge as our basis, and it didn't take long for them at all to figure out what caused her to become ill in the first place."

"What happened to her?" the young heir demanded. "And what is this background knowledge?"

"I simply told them that (Y/N) was a descendant of Amaterasu."

"What?" Hanzo tensed up and his eyes widened in alarm. "Do you know how vulnerable we are should other outsiders find out about this confidence?"

"Don't worry, my nephew. I have ways of keeping the people quiet." He raised a wrinkly hand to settle on Hanzo's shoulder. The younger man eyed the gnarled fingers beside him with an air of disquiet. "But give my actions a little bit of thought: if I had said nothing, do you think they'd actually know where to begin? Without a clue, the doctor didn't even figure it out. Do you really want to pull your hair out wondering what could be endangering your sweet young beloved?"

At the last bit of the statement, brown eyes skidded over wrinkled features to your blanket-clad repose. You looked so peaceful; with your hair free from the usual tight bun you often wore. Your lips slightly parted to draw air in, and he had to hold himself back from the temptation of locking his mouth with yours once more. He missed the taste of you, the sound of your laughter, the sight of your eyes upon his.