The Dead Returns

Thank you again to the people that have continued to support this book, it means so much that y'all like my work and y'all keep me going to be honest so thanks for that T_T

Anyway, here's the next chapter and some shit will go down so hang on to your horses cuz this will also be another long chapter XD

Enjoy, loves :*

By the time Jesse arrived home from the Overwatch base, you had already finished wiping away the remaining beads of blood that stained the tiles of your bedroom floor. The cowboy caught a glimpse of the clean layers of bandages you had wrapped around your ankle, peeking from the hem of your yukata, and though he didn't want to freak you out by making a big deal out of a situation that has clearly been put to rest, he couldn't help it in himself to worry.

"Doll, what happened 'ere?" he asked, looking up from where you were wiping away the remaining rusty stains on the floor to see Hanzo lying on the lower bunk bed, dangerously close to the edge and with one sleeved arm dangling down, fingers almost touching the tile beneath.

"He turned into a demon once more," you simply replied, voice devoid of any emotion as you ran the moist towelette in your hand in circles. You didn't look up, not even to greet jesse, and for a while there was a silence that bloomed between you two.

"Well, how is he? How are you?" He pointed with his gloved hand. "Who's blood is that?"

"He just scratched my ankle but he didn't mean to harm me," you said. "We're both fine, Jesse. Thank you for the concern."

"You sure you don't need that checked up?" McCree knelt in front of you and tried taking over the cleaning duty.

"I'm fine, the wound was not that lethal. What I really need right now however is dextrose, anything with electrolytes--the nurses back at the Shimada palace would give him something that revitalized his body once more, brought his energy back. Battling the curse was always painful and exhausting for Hanzo, and he's a little warm; I think he might have a fever."

"Say no more, doll. I can get ya those fluids in an instant. Overwatch is open 24/7 plus we have perks to these kinds of things. I'll bring what I can, just hang on and keep his temperature even." Jesse stood up and walked over to Hanzo, taking his leather glove off and putting his bare palm on the injured man's forehead, then to his neck. Jesse's face scrunched up each time, and his silence made you uneasy.

"What's wrong?" you asked.

"Dang, doll--this here ain't no ordinary fever: Han's temperature is blowing through the roof. I gotta hurry."

"Go," you said as you rushed to the bathroom, getting a bowl of cold water and a washcloth. "I'll watch over him."

"I might be back in an hour or so--gotta make sure Gabe doesn't make me do anythin'. I already passed the reports to him so we should be good."

"Alright, just hurry back as soon as you can. Hanzo is in urgent need of them...he's knocked out cold, I don't think I can wake him up. Be careful."

Jesse nodded as a determined look washed over his rugged face, and he immediately readied some spare change that he would take with him on the journey back to headquarters. The man shut the door behind him, promising beforehand that he will be back without delay in an hour or so if he was able to, as well as leaving you instructions on how to stabilize Hanzo's continuously deteriorating condition in the hopes of preventing any further complications. 

You wiped the sweat off his skin and with another cloth dabbed the icy  cold water onto him. You were thorough in your handling but gentle all the way, afraid that you might hurt him if you weren't careful. The only sounds coming out of his mouth were little, quiet groans, and he would couple that with the vain attempt of moving his fingers. None of them were good signs and he was unresponsive to your touches for the duration since he has passed; you could only sigh.