The Emperor Ships Things

Sorry for the long wait, loves! I swear I haven't forgotten about our little baby, Han. :3

Anyway here you go!

Ping!

The familiar shrill ring coming from his laptop was the first thing Hanzo heard as soon as he had stepped foot out of the shower. It could only mean that he had received an email, no doubt from one of his many business partners, but there was something about it that seemed...off.

So the Shimada quickly wrapped a gray bathrobe around his dripping person and headed straight to his office, seemingly forgetting that he left a wet imprint of his foot with every step he took.

But it hardly mattered. All that mattered was getting to his laptop as quickly as possible and check the urgency of this new message.

It better not be another article from one of Ayato's blogs.

Swiping a moist finger across the touchpad, the black screen of the wide monitor lit back to life and he moved the cursor over towards an envelope icon, the only one among the rest pulsing red with urgency.

Hanzo sucked on his upper lip as he squinted his eyes in suspicion. Then, he proceeded to read the message.

From: SKarasuno0413

To: ShimadaHanzo816

Greetings, Lord Shimada. This is Karasuno and I'm here to inform you that further messages coming from this address will not be written by me. (Y/N)'s uncle wishes to use my spare account instead to communicate with you because he doesn't know how to make one himself. Old people.

Thank you for reading and for your troubles. Oh, and your girlfriend says hi. :)

For a moment Hanzo thought that he'd been toyed with by Karasuno from the Imperial Palace, with the elderly emperor laughing hysterically with a raspy shortness of breath behind him, no doubt with the bright light of the laptop screen heightening the glint of mischief in his dulling eyes. But Hanzo's amber orbs found a date, and time, and other fine print that signified that this was no mere trick of the light, and should it have been a mere prank, Karasuno would have sounded more care free and at ease. Instead the whole letter sounded scripted...constrained...careful.

It didn't slip past his head that the young official purposefully omitted the words 'His majesty', the Emperor, and the monarch's actual name in the body of the message.

Heck he even kept (Y/N)'s title unmentioned.

So he decided to play along to this little set up to ensure the safety of everybody involved.

From: ShimadaHanzo816
To: SKarasuno0413

Yes. I remember him. Nice man.
Hopefully he's doing well. I await more messages from him then. Say hello to my (Y/N) for me. Ask her when she will visit the estates again.

Hanzo sent the email immediately and in the meantime took the opportunity of changing into some proper robes and drying his hair as he should have done before being interrupted. He has no expectations of a fast rejoinder from Karasuno, which was why the very moment another beep tore through the stillness of the room, Hanzo couldn't help but jerk back from where he stood in startlement.

From: SKarasuno0413
To: ShimadaHanzo816

This is (Y/N)'s uncle. She says she'll be visiting there in three days, mostly because we have something we share to discuss with you.