Atrocity

Yo guys! Next part is up and I hope y'all enjoy it. Don't forget to vote!  :*

But before you read, I want to notify all my lovely readers that I officially have a patreon account coming underway. I figured I'd want to continue doing art and stories for you guys even when I'll be in college (which is in nine months), and patreon was the best option I got. Plus...financial stability is something I can't have overnight, so might as well start now XD.

Anyhow, I'll still be using Klara Roman as my name in Patreon, but I'll inform y'all when it's officially official. Basically if you see a Klara Roman somewhere out there, it's likely that it's me. XD

So, uh, that's about it for now. Don't forget to check out my other accounts (in my bio) and help support me outside of Wattpad as well. It would mean so much to me to know that I can count on y'all. :3

Ok--let's go to the story.

Sojiro paced back and forth within the wooden boundaries of his dimly lit room as the elders' eyes flickered like the candle flames shining nearby.

The clan leader has been like this, mumbling and jolting so suddenly from time to time, ever since he witnessed the spectacle that nearly extirpated whatever evil force had taken over his eldest son nearly two days past. The feeling of pride swelled in his chest to the point that it hurt, and yet, he relished in the pain and the squeezing sensation that it brought, an envoy that told him that he had certainly done the right thing some 25 years ago.

There was never any room for guilt in Sojiro's life, there never has been ever since he actively took part in this criminal regime his ancestors had built into esteem centuries and generations ago. As a leader he couldn't afford to look back at the pain of the past and endanger the lives of those who faithfully served him and his family. He may be an unlawful man, but the clan leader wasn't heartless.

"Shimada-sama," Elder Togashi regarded his leader and stepped forward with hands clasped against his chest. "What are you planning to do with the information at your disposal? To the servant girl?"

"Do you not see what this could entail to?" Sojiro asked, his speech tinted with a hint of incredulity. "With (Y/N) at hand, I can finally remove that wretched curse off my son. He doesn't have to be chained in his room everytime it happens--he can fulfill his duties to the clan without the hassle of his lineage. It's...it's the only thing that would run over his mother's lips time and time again, and she wanted nothing more fulfilled upon her deathbed." His eyes then rose to the ceiling in sorrowful sentiment. "Finally, I get to fulfill that wish...and my promise."

"But does she know, my lord?" Another elder, near blind, spoke out from the darker corners of the quarters. "Does she know how the servant girl came in our midst?"

"No." Sojiro bowed his head in dismay as he propped both arms for support on the edge of his work desk. The guilt started seeping in, taking the form of a song that rang in his ears. "I never told her, and it was better to keep it that way. She would have been heartbroken."

Another aging man came forth, tall, thin and beardless, much unlike the others. His graying hair was tied up into a bun, tight and resting high atop his head. His face was pallid, stretched by a frown that seemed to be etched there since the very day that he was born. At last his chapped lips opened to speak, but the half-lidded expression on his eyes remained unfaltered.

"My lord, I know that you only have my sister's best interest at heart, and yet, need I remind you that Hanzo could be a more reliable asset to the clan if he were more...docile?"

"What are you talking about, Shintaro?" Sojiro shot back, lifting his gaze from the panelled flooring. "My son is obedient enough to respect whatever I command of him."