Sealed Away

Sup, loves :P short chapter here but eh, I'll make it up to y'all in the next one. :*

In the dead hours of a sleepless night, alone and awake in a vulnerable recumbent did you then realize why you were never able to throw away the kimono or the many gifts your previous lover has given you.

Or why you still chose to keep them within arm's reach for that matter.

The revelation that he was still alive and uncaptured by Overwatch sent your world spiraling into an infinite web of doubt that refused to leave your peace be.

Deciding that staying on your back for another hour wasn't going to increase your chances of sleeping anytime soon, you got up and off of bed as a jolt of an idea flashed at the back of your mind.

Silently, you crept across your cold quarters, the wooden floors muting the sounds of your bare footfalls until you reached your destination: a large wooden chest that bore the emblem of the royal sixteen-petalled Chrysanthemum at its center.

Pressing the pad of your thumb on the circular center of the flower, you heard a click from within, and the lid bounced open to reveal the contents.

A notebook here, a pen there, and even some sentimental knick-knacks, but you all moved the trivial things aside, searching for something of significance--something you haven't held nor seen in a while. At last there it was, a glimmer of white silk, and you lifted the entirety of it to bask in the moonlight streaming through your windows.

It was that precious kimono of yours--specifically the one Hanzo secretly got you from the festival.

You said nothing and thought of nothing as you locked the chest once more, stood up, and walked over back to your bed. You laid back down after another moment's pause, but this time you laid on your side and you never tore your tired gaze from the garment.

Why were you like this...

All of your walls came crashing down with a single, heartfelt caress to the soft fabric. You drew a shaky breath from your throat and pursed you lips, biting down to force yourself to sleep despite the oncoming tears slipping from the fragile cages that were your eyelashes.

You wanted him to come out of these gifts, to be with you once more in the flesh--there was no use denying it any further.

Oh, what you wouldn't risk for him!

Clutching the garment to your chest, your body wracked from sobbing as you gave in to the aching pang in your heart for another hour or two until in the dead of that very still night, exhaustion finally gave way for you to numb your mind of the pain, and only then were you pulled into a dark slumber, the only place where you found comfort, knowing you'll see him again.

"Hanzo..."

And only the walls heard you whisper.

***

"Replay it," you said. "Again. Again."

There was that recurring scrape against the walls of your throat and you let off a deep, violent cough against the side of your fist to ease the irritation. You shook your head and gulped hard, eyes blinking harshly to push back the tears that pooled on the brim of you eyes. It was one of the many coughing fits you've had in the day, but fortunately for you, this one wasn't as powerful as the others before. If anything, you would call this an anomaly--one of which you were completely glad to have for a change.

The repetitive commands your holographic emitting device picked up remained the same as the ones you've been giving for the past two days now. And yet it was obedient, continuing to replay and rewind the short news clip for your troubled heart's contentment.