For Old Time's Sake

Holla.

Hanzo immediately had a ring made.

The gold band was inspected carefully, held in between Hanzo's broad fingertips as the man sported a proud smile that combatted the radiance of the streaming sunlight in which he twisted and turned the ring in.

"So it's true then," came a familiar voice from behind Hanzo. "You and (Y/N) do have plans of getting married."

"It was a proposition from the emperor," Hanzo said, turning around and lowering the ring to meet his brother, who seemed to have casually sauntered inside the room with the quietness of a cat. "I'm still not certain of his motives, but I can't say I could think of a better overture."

Genji spotted the signs of a grin pushing his brother's cheeks up his mirth-filled amber eyes. The younger of the two found to his amusement that not once had the older Shimada offered commentary on how he had just dyed his dark hair a brighter shade of green than usual. There was no more doubt in the lad's mind that as overwhelmed as Hanzo was with the sudden and unexpected visit from the emperor, he was equally just as pleased and excited with the prospect of spending every waking moment he had with you. Hanzo even already had a ring made, so when the time comes when you'd finally return back to the estates to tell him you were ready, all he had to do was get down on one knee and ask you to make him the happiest man the world.

Genji just hoped his brother wouldn't stutter like a fool or maybe faint in the heat of the moment. Perhaps he could give Hanzo a few points in wooing you even further--just to really seal the deal.

"Do you still have any doubts about this?" he asked the clan leader. "I mean for as long as I've known you, your main interest was mainly running the clan. And this relationship you have with (Y/N), it's the first you've ever had that has anything to do with actual intimacy--heck, the first you've had with actual women. On that note, how did she react to the whole idea of you marrying her?"

"One, the doubts will always be there Genji, but they will never deter me or intimidate me from my conviction. I will marry her once she says she's ready and I know we can both make it work; to answer your second question, she was just as adamant as I was. She insisted that she'll come back once she has done all that she wanted to. I do say, even the elders were on board once I made the official announcement of the emperor's proposal. Everybody seems willing with the arrangement."

Genji's brows shot up in alarm, but Hanzo was quick to amend it.

"You don't have to worry. I made them swear to secrecy until further notice."

The younger Shimada's body loosened at the revelation and he let off a huge huff of relief. He then went over and placed a firm clap on the hard plane of Hanzo's back, and grinned with a semblance to the cheshire cat.

"I can't believe this!" he cried out after a moment's pause. "Who knew that those games we played as children would actually come out like this? It's like we predicted the future! (Y/N) really did turn out to be a princess, you're technically the knight in shining armor in her eyes, and now you two are gonna get married--just as how our stories would always end up." Genji shook his head in disbelief and gripped his chin in a thoughtful daze. "Maybe I'll become a robot next, you know, like when we pretended to save the galaxy from the forces of evil."

"I think you being a robot would be a little too far fetched, Genji," Hanzo said as a matter of factly, but there was a slight quirk on those lips that Genji was surprised to find. "But I'm willing to bet my money on you becoming Sailor Moon instead."