The Devil with Angel Wings

Sorry for the hiatus, loves. Yours truly is caught up in this horrid lil thing called college. But worry not, Hanzo shall not be forgotten UwU

So let's jump right back into the story loves--let's go!

With no contest between his heart and mind, the Shimada jumped off the railing without hesitation. When he was inches away from the ground, his body dissolved into black smoky particles that only materialized once more in order to be able to catch you as you fell later from the height. As soon as he had secured you, he sped off on a misty cloud of smoke, the same one you have seen on television years ago, the ones he would use during Talon's various heists and robberies. He was as fast and quiet as the wind, and he moved his way around the busy city with the proficiency of its natives. It did not take long before your husband took off with a blast of power, flying up over the buildings to see much more clearly which way he needed he to go.

You on the other hand, were unmoving as a sack of bricks, an affront to the frightening agility that the Shimada was demonstrating in order to save your life.

Speckles of stars littered the blanket that was the night sky, but Hanzo only saw darkness in the situation: Losing you was almost inevitable with what you did, and though the fear was hard to spot in his blank eyes, the painfully tight clench of his jaw was a dead giveaway.

Hold on to whatever you could, beloved. Just live!

The buildings and the nightlife became blurs of neon and black as he glided by them in milliseconds, slicing through the air like a rapid bullet, and it was only when the base was within his arm's reach did he slow down by a a fraction, making it certain that each of the men guarding the entrance saw his face, but more importantly, saw you and the clear state of trouble you were in.

He broke the double doors open to make room for the both of you to rush in without hassle, and at the very first sign of a medic walking on the wide floors, Hanzo practically shoved you into her arms, despite the clear fright that froze on her paling face.

"Do all that you can to save her--quickly, she does not have much time," he snarled dangerously at the petrified woman and quickly magnified his size with a thick burst of smoke that sent everybody within the vicinity to shield themselves from the gust.

"NOW!" Hanzo bellowed fiercely, sharp teeth and lurid eyes visible to show the urgency and impatience that stabbed him from within.

Tripping all over her actions, the shaken medic could only nod with loud whimpers and quickly wheeled you away into the direction of the infirmary. Once you were within their care, the oni lifted the tense frown off his face, and with a sigh and another puff of smoke, he fell on his knees, hunched over, and gradually returned back to his normal size, stilling as much as he could to let the incoming security agents know that he meant no harm to come upon them.

He only looked up through the matting locks that stuck on his forehead, and through the curtain of untidy, disheveled hair, he saw the tunneled holes of the gun barrels, and he never dared look away, even as they surrounded him in a suffocating mass. Hanzo wasted no time bringing his palms up in surrender, and though he knew well that he had the shorter end of the stick in this situation, the Shimada made sure he wouldn't go down any other way but his.

***

"She's waking up! Finally, we can assess her Doctor Ziegler!"

"No, she is just starting to get her bearings. This might only stress her out: Let's give her more time to get used to our presence before we run more tests in her conscious state."

"Ah, yes--of course. Understood."

You moved your lips in a desperate attempt to respond to the voices around you, to get them to stay, but all the women heard from your part were breathless mumbles and groans that you kept under your labored breathing.